Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avictoria01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 12:01 AM
    I Need Help With A Custdoy Matter
    Well I have a seven year old daughter. I left her father when she was one year old because he was very abusive, unfaithful, an alcoholic and used durgs. He has done nothing for my daughter he or has tried to make an effort to see her . My daughter has lived with me this whole time. I am currently engaged me and my fiancce have been together since my daughter was two years old. We currently haw a 17 monthe old son. I want to know what is the most quick way to file for custody without it getting ugly.

Sincerely,
    Amanda
    jenniferraine Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 02:49 AM
    Does the father want custody
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 04:18 AM
    You as the mother already have custody and he will have to go through a court to change this in any way. Even for visitations. Relax and save your money.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 06:38 PM
    I'm not sure it can be done without it getting "ugly." A lot has to do with your ex. If he's been as distant as you suggest then he might be perfectly happy to consent to your having full custody. On the other hand, he could fight you tooth-and-nail. Just file the motion and let the chips fall where they may. Get yourself a good lawyer.
    Jen8446 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 06:46 PM
    You don't have to do anything, he's the one that has to file for custody. If he does it will get ugly, there's no avoiding that. But if he doesn't want to see her, maybe he'll relinquish his rights. You could try to do that, but he also might fight you just out of spite. I would just leave it alone for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 states of matter [ 17 Answers ]

I needinformation and examples of the 4th state of matter, solid liquid, gas, plasma..

Does age really matter? [ 10 Answers ]

I am kind of in a little shuffle here. My boyfreind is 4 years older than I am and he gets made fun of by his friends. My boyfriend isn't one of those people who care about what other people think but when they make fun of him about it, he thinks he is doing something wrong. He doesn't want to...

Does it matter if my kitten is the runt? [ 1 Answers ]

I've bought a kitten, who seems a little smaller than his brothers - does this matter?

View more questions Search