Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbmob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 01:55 PM
    2000 Civic SI Stalling and Hesitation
    Hi,

I have an 2000 Si Civic that for the past few months has been stalling at idle and hesitating on the highway. Feels like the engine is suddenly losing power. Going full throttle does not help. Sometimes moving the auto shifter to 3rd helps bring it back.
    The problem is that it is not consistent and so when its taken into the shop it never happens on a test drive.

The car recently failed the clean emissions test and had the following work done to make it pass.

- New plugs & wires
    - Replaced O2 sensor
    - Catalytic converter replaced

The hesitation and stalling was happening prior to the above work.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks
    BB
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
    . Check/replace the rotor and distributor cap, if you haven't already.
    . Test/replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. Many AutoZone stores can do this for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mazda Protégé 2000, Hesitating and stalling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Mazda Protégé that after driving it for about 10 minutes staedy will start hesitating and when I stop at stop lights it boggs down and will cut off if I don't ride the clutch and gas. I have had it to 3 different mechanics and have had a mass airflow sensor and new air hose put on....

2000 civic - idle/stalling/start problems [ 4 Answers ]

"HI, Recently bought 2000 civic 113,000 mi. First problem, surging, check engine light on. Went to autozone for free diagnostic Read code P0505, they said ICV needs replacing. Went back to dealer (under 30 day warranty) and he said it was a malfunction in the system, requiring cleaning...

2000 jeep grand cherokee lardeo keeps stalling [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo and it keeps stalling on me. It will stall while I'm driving.and sometimes when its stopped... alot of times it don't give you any clue that it is going to stall (it was great when I was doing 70 on the high way in the high speed lane with someone tail...

2001 honda civic Hesitation @ 4000 rpm [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 honda civic that recently started hesitating when reaching 4000 rpm. It also has two engine codes. P1298 & P1259. I am a diesel mechanic and could usually troubleshoot and fix problems on my own but, this problem is giving me a bit of a challenge.:confused: Any suggestions would be...

Honda Civic 98 - Hesitation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Bought a Honda Civic Si manual '98 two months ago from dealership. 3 Days later start having probs - Starts up fine and runs well for first 3 miles or so then once up to running temperature starts suddenly losing power, then starts forward again - this goes on for a mile maybe then it just...

View more questions Search