Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lu Lu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Recv. Check in the mail for publishers clearing house
    Today I recv. A check in the mail with a letter claiming I have won $25,000 from my online app to Publishers Clearing house. The check is real (not a fake) and I did fill out a application online for Publishers Clearing House about 2 months ago. I've been reading about these scams on the internet, but I DID fill out a sweepstakes form for publishers clearing house. The check is from Santa Barbara Bank and Trust for $975.00 for a insurance processing fee under the "Endorcement Act"(? ) Any suggestions on how to find out this is for real?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Bank it and don't spend any of it for at least 3 months to ensure it is real.
    If after this time it clears and is accessible then move it to a saving account and leave it for a further 6 months at least.

Least if it is fake you will be able to pay it back and keep any interest earned ;)

IGNORE EVERYTHING I HAVE JUST WRITTEN.

This is a total scam.
    DON'T bank the cheque at all!!

This is basically money laundering with fraudulantly acquired cheques.
    I bet the instructions go something like this.
    1/ Bank enclosed cheque and send money to some dodgey address.
    2/Once received the "Prize" will be released to you.

Yeah right !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received a check in the mail for sweepstakes [ 6 Answers ]

We received a check for $2962.00 from APSCO Sports Enterprises drawn on JP Morgan Bank, N.A. in New York. This seems to be real check with watermarks on the back and came with a letter stating we had won $50,000 and this check was to pay the taxes. Is it legal to cash this check? Has anyone...

Received a Check in the Mail for Sweepstakes? [ 6 Answers ]

We just received a $2,900.00 check from First Citizens Bank (cashiers check). I know the Lotto is a scam, but is this check real? It has watermarks and all other security features. Is it legal to cash this check?

Clearing old data [ 4 Answers ]

When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home

Spell Check in e mail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fairly new Dell computer. I am running Outlook Express. I have Word Perfect and Microsft Word in my system yet I cannot get the "Spell Check" to work in my e mail (it will not highlite). Any ideas? Thanks!

Clearing the previous e-mail addresses [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I log in to MS Messenger, I immediately get all the previous entered e-mails, is there anyway to clear them out so when someone else comes next to me can't see my e-mails addresses. I have already tried to clear them out by the following: • Internet Options • Content • ...

View more questions Search