Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    8259 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Confused at work
    There is this Guy that I work with,yes He's Married,no lectures please.The Guy started flirting with Me,and did everything possible for Me to notice Him,and Yes because He's Married I didn't give Him the time of Day.The thing is ,He's been doing this for so long that I'm starting to develop feelings for Him.I know if we were'nt working together I would never fall for a married Man,but We are and I can't leave my job or be put in department.He has been flirting for such a long period with Me. Will He ever stop?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 03:29 PM
    He may be willing to destroy his marriage.

Are you really willing to help him?

You are supposed to stand up for what is right.

Not to just stand up, until you don't feel like it anymore.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
    If you tell him to. He's married, tell him that his flirting in inappropriate and unappreciated. You don't want to interefere with his marriage.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 03:37 PM
    How long has this flirting been happening? How did you fall in love?

You can't even considering having something with him, he's married. It should not be different from a guy on the street. Stay away and don't become someone mistress.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Realize that flirting vs a real relationship can be as different as night and day.
    Right now he seems cute and lovable with his flirting, but if you were to pursue something with him it could very easily end up going sour.
    Like chihuahuamomma said Don't be "the other woman", not the best reputation to have...
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Mkay.

So you want only opinions that are "favorable"? Good luck with that on a public forum site.

Theoretically, you control your panties. You like the fact he pursues you... fine. That's normal. I've always been attracted to women whod put me to the wall. Its wonderful to be chased, whether you are one day or one decade into a relationship.

Your only real stated question is "will he stop"...

Why would he? Have you made it absolutely clear that you are not interested and any further advance is grounds for harassment? Is that even your position?

My 4 year old is fearless and relentless. He might be 20 years plus behind this guy, but he is going to be the boy that pursues and chases... and when one woman in 50 gives in, all the work will be worth the effort.

The real questions here are:

You aren't "that kind of girl" but he is wearing you down. If another man were in the picture, would this be an issue? Are you lonely and wanting attention (we all do) or is there something about him personally?

A workplace relationship is dangerous enough on its own. That said, convict me. I dated my wife, a supervisor, secretly until I quit my job to be with her. Common sense be damned. I'm now ten years into a great relationship with a great woman.

But this guy is tied down.

He isn't yours.

So... what do you think you will gain here? Attention and casual sex? OK, I guess, if that's enough for you.

Until he is free from the vows of his marriage, he is married. period.

The attention is nice. Even a great boost. I've been there as a married man who had a "chaser" who didn't care I was married and was relentless. It might be flattering, but you have to live with yourself in the end. Sometimes you have to go out of your way to make your intentions perfectly clear... and brushing off advances isn't the same thing as flat out telling the person stop or there will be dire consequences.

So... he is chasing you and you like it. Welcome to humanity. It's a great feeling.

Are you willing to be the woman who sleeps with a married man? Are you willing to get a little now knowing that you won't likely get it later?

Again... only you sleep with you in the end.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Never mess with ANYONE at work... I don't care if they are male or female, gay or straight or something in between.

You WILL have major issues and when it happens its not going to be pretty. Saw stuff like this happen so often its not even funny.

Save it for someone you don't work with.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Hello 8259.

He's married your single... just tell him to clear off or you'll do him for harassment in the work place... simple

END OF STORY
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma... I've been working for 27 years since I got out of college... I can name dozens upon dozens of workplace romances I have seen in that time, including marriages, and NOT ONE of them ever worked out Including the marriages... every one of them turned really ugly and ended up with someone or both getting fired or being forced to quit over it when they failed.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Yep I agree with Smoothy
    ONLY go for someone in the workplace if it is a sure shot and it certainly is a double whammy against her because he is married and workplace relationships go sour and then you have the whole office gossiping and the 'broke up couple' have tension in the air at the work place.
    Usually when one of the rare times does work out one of the two make the decision for one of them to eventually quit.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Hi girl,

I'm 65 and experienced; you can't BS me! :D

He wouldn't be sniffing around you if you weren't sending out signals that you welcomed all the sexual attention.

He's married and apparently a cheater. Put him in his place and go out and find your own man. :)

You can do it!
    DuBas07 Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2008, 01:51 PM
    I agree with the first part of your statement especially since she said its been going on for along time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am totally confused . Which cream/ soap / pills REALLY work [ 18 Answers ]

Hello every body, It may be I am repeating million dollar Q, But I was going thr all the forums. Reading some mssg I make up my mind to buy one product but very next mssg makes me feel other way. Civiant , amira, makari , Philippines product, chinese product, japanese products and so on. Is...

Confused at work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a married co-worker who has constantly been flirting with me from day one and we're talking about two years now.At first it started with the eye contact that He still does, and now He says things that are sex related,but as a joke.I really don't get it,because He hasn't said anything to Me...

Live in NY, work 1/2 time in NY and 1/2 time in NJ.confused! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Thanks, in advance, for helping! I just moved. I now live in ny, but my office is in nj. I work from my ny home 1/2 times and spend the other 1/2 time in nj. Questions: 1. what state taxes will I pay? I suspect nj AND ny. Ny has a form for 'non-resident who performs services...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

Confused and trying to make this work [ 13 Answers ]

About a year ago I met this guy that at first I really didn't want anything to do with, I was going though a lot with my X and wouldn't leave me alone and it was a bad relationship all in all. And then this guy came into mylife and completely changed all of that. We had almost everything in...

View more questions Search