Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NAVY VET Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Legal issues with ss dissability
    Hey, Wanted to find out the legal issue with my situation on ss disability. I am a veteran and after a 6yr fight with ss disability I finally got it. I was injured an wasn't able to go back to work. Before I got hurt I used to ride bikes. Well after the last 3yrs of sittiing in and doing nothing my Drs. Told me to get out an do something. Well I don't have many friends so I had be able to by a bike a few yrs ago. I have taken all the precations I can when I ride I have a back brace I wear and also the seat has a back rest on it. My problem is My ex wife got into trouble so I got custody of my 13 yr old daughter. Well she and an ex girlfriend decide to try to make me loose my ss disability because of me riding my motorcycle. The question is I want to know if I'm doing anything elegal by riding my bike. Also what I can do legally about me riding and not do to get ride of my problem that she is trying to create. Thanks for reading and if you can help I sure appreciate it. Thanks Thomas
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Hello Navy:

If you were working and picking up heavy objects, then yes, she might be able to screw you around. But, I cannot believe that riding a motorcycle would disqualify you.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Riding a mototrcycle will not get you disqualified from your SSDI. If, by some really outside chance, you do lose the SSDI, you can appeal. Use your doctor for support. There are people on disability that drive their truck or car, ride a bike, go to the gym, even do some light work for pay.

When you were home, sitting and doing nothing, why weren't you in physical therapy and/or occupational therapy? Swimming is very good therapy.

Good luck keeping your disability. AS you have found out, anyone can make a complaint, does not have to be a justified one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Learning dissability [ 8 Answers ]

I want to know how to let my kid concentrate and start to enjoy studying. He is in grade 10 and done very bad the past term. He is more interested in being on the streets instead of sitting with his books to improve his grades. Your advise would be appreciated Regards

Need able addressing legal/criminal issues [ 6 Answers ]

my husband (although we are not "legally married") and i have some issues we are trying to resolve. i am a graduate student and he works from home making jewlery. he has had some past legal criminal trouble we are trying to sort out on a very very very limited budget. i am about to get a job...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

Legal Issues [ 19 Answers ]

Here's an interesting one. This thread has got me thinking about legal issues. Do we have a lawyer on this site anyway? What I'm curious is - what happens (and I admit this is a loooooong shot) we inadventantly tell somebody how to obtain something illegally. In the case of the mention...

View more questions Search