Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

May 3, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Im new to birth control.
    I was put on birth control about 2 weeks ago [on a sunday] and that week I missed Friday and Saturday due to working late, and I missed Thursday this week. I wanted to know how many days I can miss [not that I'm going to] until I have to start over again? Or how many days I can miss without getting pregnant? AND what do I do with the extra pills? Do I still take them on the day they're given, or take them when I have them before I take the white ones? Let me know, thanks :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Well, this isn't exactly "Alternative Medicine," but I'll answer it.

If you miss one pill you run the risk of pregnancy. You see, no form of birth control is 100% effective, not even the pill. So, to reach maximum effect of the pill, you must take it at the same time every day. If you miss one or more pills a month, you need to use a second form of protection.

The extra pills are a placebo type pill that you take when the others are gone. This is when you will get your period. These should also be taken at the same time every day so that you do not mess up your routine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 01:37 PM
    J9 has hit it on the head, any one pill missed can make it not work. So you may want to discuss this with your doctor if you can not be a person of habit ( perhaps every morning when you wake up) or carry it with you and take it at some specificc time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control. [ 8 Answers ]

I only use condoms with my boyfriend, and I'm not on birth control. Are there any other women who do this? If so, how does that affect you? Also, is it a terrible idea? I'm just afraid of the effects of birth control. I grew up in an all organic, and homeopathic environment my whole life, and...

Birth control [ 16 Answers ]

I have taken depo-provera for two years and how been off depo-provera for over a year. And haven't had any birth control but I just recently took two birth control pills at once, can I still get pregnant?

Birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Can birth control make you have some of the symptoms of being pregnant? I mean can it give you headaches, mood swings, tender breasts etc.

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

HI there I was just wondering if I could be pregnant.. I am on the pill and have been for 3 months now... I am on my 3 month now... But on the 8th day of taking the pill my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex... I should be getting my period today and I feel crampy but nothing has shown yet. I am...

View more questions Search