Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    socchica00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 10:40 AM
    DOS Exploit
    I ran spybot and came up with DOS exploit.  I've tried a few of the tips previous users gave but it is still showing up.  I have the CWShredder but I have no idea what to do with it.  The computer guys at my school installed all these items and didn't explain what they do.  I don't want to do something that will hurt other systems on the computer.  If someone could let me know what to do I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!
    GaryR50 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 03:16 PM
    DOS Exploit
    Does DSOstop work in Netscape, by any chance?

Gary
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 05:18 PM
    DOS Exploit
    Read DSO Eploit Fix.

There are no programs that will auto remove DSO, you have to do it manually.
    taffy_65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2004, 03:13 AM
    DOS Exploit
    Hi
    I have just found (5) DSO Exploit errors in my registry, and it is easy to fix.
    After Spy Bot searches your hard drive and gives you a DSO error - double click on the file, and open it.
    It will show you possibly several files with errors, on the far right hand side you will see a registry symbol. If you left click on it, it will take you into the registry and highlight the file in error. Right click on that file and delete it. Repeat the process to delete the other files.
    WARNING - only delete the highlighted file.
    Good luck

Jun 25, 2004, 04:43 AM
    DOS Exploit
    Thanks, Taffy! ;D

Gary
    GinaD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2004, 05:36 AM
    Re: DOS Exploit
    I want to say THANKS!! I have Ad-aware (didn't pick it up) and Spybot (found DSO Exploit). I keep choosing to "fixing the problem" and supposely it was fixed until I rechecked. The advice everyone gave about having to manually remove is correct. We have make sure that we look in every file that Spybot found DSO EXPLOIT and remove it. My was in Zone: 0,1,2,3,4 each one had a 1004 entry. IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE USER ACCOUNTS ON YOUR COMPUTER... GUESS WHAT... you need to run SPYBOT on each user account. I found on all FOUR user accounts different DSO EXPLOIT ENTRIES. IF you delete the entries and click "fix the problem" the program will give you an error. Advising you to reboot which will fix the problem. (because you deleted entries it was suppose to fix). You can reboot after you have ran SPYBOT on all user accounts. REBOOT. THEN RUN SPYBOT AGAIN. If you deleted all entries of DSO EXPLOIT then SPYBOT will say "CONGRATS". Good luck everyone.

Jun 26, 2004, 08:31 AM
    Okay, let me see if I have this straight.

1. Run Spybot

2. Click on the + next to "DSO Exploit" in the list. In my case, it shows 5 entries under DSO Exploit. They are listed as follows:

Data source object exploit
    HKEY_USERS S-1-5-21-2000478354-507921405-8...

etc. after which, there is, to the right of each: "Registry Change," with an icon beside it.

Now, this is the part I need help with. Which part of the item do I highlight for deleting? Is it the whole thing, which Spybot highlights in blue, OR do I double-click on the "Registry Change" Icon at the right side? If so, that takes me to another dialog, the Registry Editor. It's here I get a little nervous and confused about what to delete. Do I delete ANYTHING from the Registry Editor, and if so, WHAT, exactly? In the Registry Editor, I am looking at two windows. The one on the left shows a list of folders, all under the heading of "computer":

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    HKEY_USERS

In the HKEY_USERS folder is a list of folders:

.DEFAULT
    S-1-5-18
    S-1-5-19
    S-1-5-19_Classes
    S-1-5-20
    S-1-5-20_Classes
    S-1-5-21-2000478354-507921405-854245398-1003
    S-1-5-21-2000478354-507921405-854245398-1003_Classes

Beneath this list is another folder, which is HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

Now, I assume that the files I need to delete are in my HKEY_USERS folder, right? If not, then which folder are they in? If so, then I'm in the right place, so far.

In the window at the right, when I am looking in the HKEY_USERS folder, there is only one item listed:

It has a red and white icon that says "AB" in red text, and the name is "Default." Under "Type" it says "RG_SZ" and under "data" is shows "(value not set)." IS THIS WHAT I DELETE? If so, great. If not, then what DO I delete?

Gary

taffy_65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2004, 02:35 PM
    DOS Exploit
    Hi Gary,
    Yes after you have opened the main DOS EXPLOIT file, and revealed probably 4 or 5 files, on the far right side you see a registry ICON, just LEFT click once. And yes it does take you to the rREGISTRY, once in there after a few seconds the file is hghlighted (RIGHT HAND SIDE OF SCREEN), delete this file only. You will have to go back and forth and delete each of those DOS EXPLOIT files individually. When done exit the REGISTRY from the FILE menu and RESTART your PC.
    Good Luck
    Eric

Jun 26, 2004, 06:26 PM
    DOS Exploit
    Hmmm... well, first, there was only one file in the right hand window, and it never did highlight. Also, wheh I attempted to delete it, I got an error message telling me that not all the specified values could be deleted, whatever that means. :'(

Gary
    ezcalibur2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2004, 05:43 PM
    :-/ hello; thanks for find out this site... anyway I have been losted all my files and already installed a windows Xp home... I firewalled ,run Norton systemworks,also spybot,Avg antivirus ,and x-cleaner,but I got this Dso exploit... to also I searched the net for information about this exploit to fixed... my Keys in the registry area... cannot deleted... also I don't want to messed up... so I will try to run DSOSTOP2... hope to fix all this... some recommendations before all this... thanks.
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2004, 07:08 PM
    See the Complete DSO Exploit Fix for a detail n complete removal process.

And there's 10 files not 5! Also there's no need to reboot your PC.

Regards~

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

My computer (XP) switched off automatically. After running spypot; I found out the computer was infected by DSO Exploit. I treid all kind off salutions but without any succes. At last I decided to run the recoverydisc. During recovery the PC allso keeps switching of. Now my PC cannot run XP...

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

Since a few month my computer (XP homeedition) switches of power unexpectely. Especially when info is transferred from one to another place. Like editing films, watching DVD etc. After running Spybot I found out the PC is infected with DSO Exploit. I treid allmost everything but the PC kept...

DSO Exploit fix [ 33 Answers ]

Hi, I have had that stupid DSO Exploit until 30 minutes ago. I ran Spybot & have managed to get rid of it by getting into regedit & replacing value in the folder 1004 from 0 to 3 (5 times, that is). However, although they are all gone, I cannot get my Home page to remember my setting. It...

View more questions Search