Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mroush Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Need to replace fixtures in a drop in tub
    I have a 2 person drop in tub with jets. All fixtures need replaced . The jet covers, faucet, handles etc . I cannot find a manufacturer name or brand anywhere. A plumbing supply company told me without this information they couldn't help. There is a access panel in garage ceiling but cannot see anything from there either just supports and braces. All the fixtures are 25 year old tarnished green flaking used to be gold finish. Any idea how I can change these out
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 11:38 AM

Hi Mroush:

You'll need to gain access by cutting in an access panel near the valve or perhaps you can access them by cutting through the back of a closet? Is there a motor access panel/grate for the tub upstairs?

Let me know...

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 02:10 PM

How many access panels do you have ? You should have one for motor and one for faucet /drain.

Faucet: faucet should be accessible and could be replaced through service panel hole

Jets Etc: Jets could have trim pieces installed over rough jets. See if you can remove them. However, to get new trim, you have to know the manufacturer of the tub. There should be sticker somewhere by the motor giving you all the specs about the tub.

Otherwise, you have to lift the tub. It is kind of bigger project to do. In this case, people usually replace whole tub.

Back to you... Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire two new ceiling fans to replace two existing light fixtures? [ 9 Answers ]

In a bedroom I have two light fixtures that operate off one wall switch. I want to replace these existing fixtures with two new ceiling fans with lights. I am assuming I will need a new type wall switch. What will be the wiring sequence I need to consider?

Changed shower/tub fixtures [ 5 Answers ]

Hi this is my first time. I retiled my shower and got down to the shower and tub fixtures when I ran into a problem. I already threw away the old faucet fixtures so I had no idea what the brand was. I went to purchase new backplate and spout and they didn't work. I went to a plumber supply store...

What kind of lighting fixtures can I use in a drop ceiling? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement and one side has to have a drop ceiling and I'm not sure what kind of lighting fixtures are available. It will be a bar and gaming area and I wanted to have some pendant lights over the bar counter. I'll have three main lights centered in the room, 2 wall sconce lights,...

Tub won't drain, other fixtures are fine... [ 5 Answers ]

We've a full bath (combo shower/tub, lav and toilet) where the tub either does not drain at all, or will take 48 hours to finally go down (when aided by chemicals I know I should not be using). The lav and toilet have no flush/drain problems, so I'm not thinking it's a bad vent situation... could...

View more questions Search