Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjethro00 Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 2, 2006, 06:23 PM
    XP System Tray errors
    Whenever I boot up my computer, about half the time the programs I have designated to start in the system tray don't appear.

I have gone into "msconfig" and have cut down to the bare minimum (anti-virus, firewall, video-card program, etc), and it didn't really help much, as it still continues.

As of this boot up, I had absolutely nothing run in the system tray, not even volume control!

Does anyone got any pointers? I was going to nuke the drive and start over from scratch
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Not every program that is designated to load at Startup show icons in the Systray. Can you give an example of a program?
    sjethro00 Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 2, 2006, 09:13 PM
    Every program I want and mentioned is designated to run on start-up and are suppose to appear in the tray (Anti-Virus, Firewall, Yahoo IM, AnyDVD, Nvidia Software)

Now, I should actually note, they are running... TaskManager indicates they are running in the background, but there is no icon for them in the system tray. In order to get them to appear in the tray, I need to manually close them via TaskManager, then run the programs from the startmenu.

I hope this clears some things up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weaning off the litter tray! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know how I can wean my two darlings off the litter tray? They go outside and promptly come back in and use the tray! I thought about just removing the tray but wondered if they would just 'do it' on the floor! Many Thanks!:)

G4 cd tray stuck closed [ 2 Answers ]

My cd tray is stuck closed with a blank cd in it. I have a mac quicksilver g4. There used to be a little hole you could stick a clip in to open it, but not on this model. Any suggestions?

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Cat Not Using litter tray all the time [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 year old Domestic Short haird Female cat who is desexed, she has lived out doors most of her life but now she is living indoors, its been a few months now, anyway I bought her a litter tray. I put the litter tray in the laundry and that is also where she eats but it is not right...

DOS CD Tray Closing Program [ 1 Answers ]

May 11, 2004 People, I'm running Windows 98SE and I use Ghost 2003 Extensivly to make updated Image files of my C Drive in case of a screw-up. I write Batch files to automate the process so I can do other things while the Image is made and

View more questions Search