Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buttertdfgtyhjnm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 09:41 PM
    If I am 17 is it illegal for me to date a 21 year old?
    If I am 17 about to be 18 in 4 months is it illegal for me to date a 21 year old?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 09:42 PM

Depends on where you live. The laws vary by location.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 06:57 PM

When in doubt, ask your parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 07:00 PM

How did you both meet ? Would your parents approve ?

Here in GA for example, we had a man arrested last month, for interfering with custody, girl was over age of consent to have sex but parents ordered her and man not to see each other, so when adult man, tried to date a minor child, the DA proceeded with the custody issue. There has been many prosecuted on that in GA.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2010, 07:04 PM

There are no laws governing dating. But you may be under the age of consent so having sexual could be a big issue.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 7, 2010, 02:07 PM

Why not just be regular friends for another 4 months and keep getting to know each other better. Then, if 4 months later you still have strong feelings for this person, then you can start a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If you are 13 is it illegal to date a 21 year old [ 16 Answers ]

See I was 13 and I dated a guy who was 21 and we are still together and I'm 15 and he's 22 and I need to know if it is illegal.

Is it illegal for a 15 y/o to date a 19 year old without sexual activity? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old turning 16 in three months. I met this guy who just turned 19. I have no intent of any sexual activity until I am married. My uncle and aunt have known him for a few years and they love the guy. They invited him over their house to talk to me. Mind you these people are...

Is it illegal for a 17 year old to date a 14 year old [ 20 Answers ]

I'm currently dating a 14 year old I'm 17 and her dad is intending to report me to the police I have not done anything sexual with her what should I do?

Is it illegal to date a 17 year old when I just turned 21 [ 3 Answers ]

I really like this girl and she's 17, she likes me and I like her but the only problem is I don't know if its legal, I just turned 21 and I live in the state of PA

View more questions Search