Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Compossible Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Outlook Express to Outlook conversion gave messages wrong "Date Received."
    Hi, All!

I used Outlook's Import capbility to import everything from Outlook Express: mail settings, folders, their messages, etc.

The import process reported successful import of my huge sets of folders, subfolders and their 11,000+ messages... however:

The Good: Some messages were correctly tagged with their original (correct) Date Received.

The Awful: The Import process incorrectly switched the "Date Received" on most messages to the date of Import. Thousands of new and old messages are now tagged as having been received "yesterday."

The wierd: It seems (so far) random which ones were correctly labeled and which were wrongly labeled with the import date. It's not the read versus the unread; not new versus old. Haven't found the criterion yet.

So now, Outlook...
    - Can't reliably use Date Received as a criterion to retrieve messages.
    - It cannot sort messages correctly by clicking the Date Received column header.
    - Example: If a customer asks me to read his/her email sent on 12/31/06, I cannot find it.

All this on fully patched/updated Windows XP with Office Professional 2003, OE folders recently compacted, hard disk mercilessly defragged, full system de-spywared and de-virused.

Got ideas? I juist ran out of brains.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Please refer to this website for more insight on the issue >>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6? Thank you very much...

Outlook Express - Compact Messages [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently let Outlook Express compact all my messages. The problem that I am facing is that my Inbox is completely new, and I can't seem to find all my old messages. Where does Outlook Express store them? Also, how do I get back all those messages in my Inbox? Trying hard to find an answer,...

Deleting messages in outlook express [ 5 Answers ]

If u close the pane at the right bottom corner which displays message. I think your problem will be solved Go to view then layout, then uncheck "Show previe pane" option Now you can delete the message without opening it, if it contains virus Hope this helps

View more questions Search