Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike1977 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 02:31 PM
    How will I connect whirlpool drain with no wall access?
    My whirlpool is going on a concrete slab and against a concrete block outside wall which I will not be cutting though. I thought I would be able to reach in from the side to make the connection, but it appears the overflow drain line will be sitting below the floor level which seems like it will be quite difficult to reach. Any suggestions?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Mike, this project is getting tough and I have read your last two posts. Hoping Speedball or Iamgrowler would pick up on you new issue. They usually are here this time of the day. You could alsosend either one of them a PM if you're in a hurry. Doug238 is also a plumber and comes here later in the day.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Mike, this project is getting tough and I have read your last two posts. Hoping Speedball or Iamgrowler would pick up on you new issue. They usually are here this time of the day. You could alsosend either one of them a PM if you're in a hurry. Doug238 is also a plumber and comes here later in the day.
    I wouldn't say anything up to this point has been tough.. The drain questions were more just about the proper way to do it. But this question now may be tricky. I'm going to be bringing the tub inside the house shortly and dry fit the overflow drain to see just how much room I will have to work with from the side. I'll report back later.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:46 PM
    So there is no door on the side of this wjirlpool I guess. They usually have a removable panel.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    So ther is no door on the side of this wjirlpool I guess. They usually have a removable panel.
    Actually it is a drop-in unit that is being placed in a corner. So I will be building the side and front access walls which I planned to do after the tub is in place, only for the reason that I will need to have access in there after the tub is in place. The problem I'm envisioning is getting to the connections since the drain will be an inch or 2 below the floor level and the tub support feet run the length of the unit. Am I making sense?

Jan 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
    We can close this thread. I set the tub up in a corner inside my house with the same access space I will have in the bathroom and I can easily get to the connections with no problems whatsoever.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Glad you solved your problem Mike. Any other questions? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

P trap drain access plug [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best way to get out an access plug that is located at the tops and side of the P trap drain? It is a brass plug that has a square head that is about .75 x .75. The plug has never been out. I sprayed it with penetrant spray. Not enough room to get a pipe wrench on it. I tried a regular...

How do you connect a hampton bay wall remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to connect a ceiling fan wall remote, I have the old cloth wires and my remote connecters say not to connect the white neutral wire, the only wires I have are the two that are connected to the wall switch. Because they are covered in cloth they look the same.

Whirlpool drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been in my house for a year now. I have a whirlpool tub that drains very very slowly. It has been that way ever since I have been in this house. The other plumbing in the house is great. I haven't had any problems. The other tub in drains fast... normal. Can anyone help me...

Whirlpool drain [ 3 Answers ]

My whirlpool tub is slow in draining and I want to remove the whirlpool drain plug so I can clean it. Unlike sink drains I can't remove the plunger holder and remove the drain plug... it doesn't have a one. It works on the gravity principal... pull it up and set in on stop while the tub drains. How...

View more questions Search