Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2007, 07:06 PM
    I am so scared
    All of a sudden I got these horrible stomach cramps. It goes from my pelvis up to my upper abdomen. I've had similar symptoms a while ago and I was fine, but I always always get paranoid I have something serious. I checked my symptoms and have matching ones for appendicitis and PID and some others and I'm freaking out because I don't know what the heck I have or if it's not serious!! And my parents will do nothing about it because they NEVER think it's serious!! Help!!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
    It also sounds like gas pressure :)

Try to stop worrying. If the last time it went away and everything was fine then it will this time too.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Sometimes the Internet has so much health information it can be a little overwhelming, and not very accurate. Parents can be a good judge, so if you described it to them and they're not worried, try to relax a little. Stress will upset your stomach as well, so try lying down for a little while and relax your mind.

It could be something as simple as gas or period cramps. If it continues without feeling any better, call your family doctor to make an appointment.
    Tuffer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Abdomen pain can be caused by so many different things it would be impossible to diagnose it yourself by looking up your symptoms. Even a doctor would have to run a number of tests to make a difinitive diagnosis. To be honest, I've seen appendicitis in hundreds of patients and almost all of them have been burning up and climbing the walls in pain. If you did have it then I would hope that your parents wouldn't think twice of taking you to the emergency department, let alone your family doctor.

However, I'm not trivialising the discomfort you do have and would reassure you that it is very likely to be something quite innocent and easily treatable. I would suggest you speak to your parents again and ask them to take you to see you family doctor, if they still refuse, there is no reason why you can't make an appointment yourself and get a friend or relative to take you there if you can't get there yourself. While you are waiting to see the doctor try keeping a record of what causes the discomfort, e.g particular time of the month, after exercise or eating. Describe the pain, the position, what makes it better or worse. Rate the pain on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the most pain you have ever experienced. All these things will help your doctor to make a diagnosis.

Take care and hope you feel better soon. Try not to worry, I'm sure you will be fine.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 23, 2007, 03:29 PM
    How old are you?
    Are you sexually active?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I so need help! [ 6 Answers ]

Okie so I have black hairr (I have black hair naturally) and for somereason I just can't dye it to some other collour!! Well I have tried coloring it to red but the color just doesn't get on like at alll! My hair just turned to kind of blackish-orangish-browinishh (I so hope I'm making sense :p )...

I'm so sad! [ 14 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice this guy I like is with another girl, what can I do?

I am so confused [ 3 Answers ]

Well to start with I must say that I am having dating troubles and as most might say I may be a little too young to date or anything I am only 14 going into high school soon but I met a girl, an AMAZING girl in my eyes and I don't like her for the wrong reasons like just because she is hot or so I...

I'm so Stressed [ 3 Answers ]

I just need somwun to talk to I been so stressed. Well lets see how to start, I've been with this girl for 5 years we had a baby together she's 7 months, we've been on and off I really love her, we gotten into a fight and she just went crazy, I woke up yesterday with the police at my house saying I...

I'm so confused, What should I do [ 13 Answers ]

What's up, Im a 20 year old who while attending the University of South Carolina met the girl of my dreams. We have had the chance to get to know each other over the last semester and everyday I feel drawn to her more. She has told me how right now she isn't looking for more than a friendship,...

View more questions Search