Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mainemom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Dishwasher won't drain
    I want to unscrew the cover to the motor and pump inside the dishwasher but the screws look different. Not flat or phillips. Do you need a special tool? I have a kenmore elite and have taken the hose off the drain and it looks clear at this end but won't budge when you plunge or force air (I actually tried to blow the clog out.) It must be clogged at the dishwasher end. I will try the plunge suggestion but was wondering how to get the cover to the motor and pump inside the dishwasher out. Thanks for any help.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Probably a torque screw. There are special tools for this. You will need them to unscrew them
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Esq:

Torx, not torque
    Mainemom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
    I don't know how to say thanks to the help so I will do it through the answer question site. Thanks for your help. I got the cover off then put it back on cause I couldn't get to the drain that way. I then unhooked the drain pipe from the sink end and snaked it out. That worked! Plunging just made the clog harder to open but it worked and I saved a ton of money NOT having to call Sears. Thanks again. Mainemom:o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher Drain [ 12 Answers ]

I just moved into a new condo and my dishwasher will not drain there are four conections under my sink one goes to the sink its self the other one goes to my fridge the other two I have no idea about and I really need my dishwasher. If someone has any ideas what to do to help help me.

Dishwasher won't Drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE profile dishwasher. The repairman has been to my house 3 times. The first time he cleaned the filter. The second time he said it needed a new pump and the third time he came to install the pump. He then left and the dishwasher completed the cycle buy the water remained. I took matters...

Dishwasher drain [ 1 Answers ]

Should the water in the bottom of a dishwasher drain out all the way

Dishwasher will not drain [ 7 Answers ]

I've had my dishwasher for over 7 years, and it will not drain anymore. I disconnected it from the drain, and put water back through it. The water moved through the dishwasher fine and drained. I then snaked the drain, and found no clogs. I re-connected everything and put water back in the...

Dishwasher won't drain [ 3 Answers ]

Sears Kenmore Canadian 615.13492 Drain line/hose is free and clear, as are undersink pipes (air lock) 4 wire harness into motor, so it's a reversing motor for pump out.

View more questions Search