Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lessaul Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Mercury outboard 4 stoke
    I have a 2001 Mercury 115 4 stroke fuel injected outboard that won't fire. Checked spark plugs - getting spark. Checked fuel lines, no leaking, bulb is hard. Spayed ether and engine fires but cuts off. Checked fuel to fuel pump and check all fuses. Boat ran great 2 weeks ago and I started in my drive way last Wednesday. Any suggestions??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 11:49 AM

. Ensure battery is fully charged.

. Clean battery terminals and cable connections. Ensure connections are tight.

. Check fuses with a test light or multi-meter--not visually.

. Remove spark plugs and check each cylinder's compression.

. Replace spark plugs with the exact ones that came in the engine, if the compression is fine.

. Check condition of spark plug wires.

. Check that the fuel pump runs, when the ignition switch is turned to ON.

. Replace fuel filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mercury 50hp 2-stroke outboard is overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Mercury 50horsepower 2-stroke outboard engine. I have replaced the thermostat and water pump. The engine quickly overheats. Some water does come out the outlet tube, but not as much as used to when it was new. I need to know what else to check to diagnose this problem. Any suggestions...

2000 ford f250 7.3 power stoke [ 2 Answers ]

I have a slite knoke in my moter at 1000 rpm it vibrates vary little it seams as if it is missing it does not blow eny smoke out in eny coler it should blow black when you step on it but it does not do that ether so some say it hase a fuel problem I'm not shure so if you have a answer let me know...

How can you ddifferntiate between a Mercury 2-stroke and 4-stroke outboard 5 horse? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a 5 horse mercury freshwater, outboard, transum hung engine. What Im not sure of is do I mix the gas with oil or not. Thanks

Stoke and altitude [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any danger with flying on a jet plane at high altitudes for a duration not to exceed thirty-six hours with a stroke as a pre-existing condition that occurred one year, four months prior?

1984 Mercury Outboard 4 Cylinder 50HP problem [ 0 Answers ]

Ok,the motor idles good but when you try to get to full throttle the boat is hard to come out of the water and will not plane off like it used to. It seems like it will not hit full rpm's. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

View more questions Search