Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ittybittyhdg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2014, 02:58 AM
    Harley Davidson Troubleshooting Guide
    My 2009 Soft tail battery died last year. I installed a new HD battery. Had it on trickle charger all winter. Last weekend rode and the battery light and ignition light came on. This happened a few times when the original battery was dying. Which gave me the indication something was wrong.

So anyway last weekend rode and both lights came on, I shut bike off to see if the system would re-set. When I fired it back up, the lights didn't come one, however after a few miles they came on, then went out and they didn't come on the rest of the day.

Could this less than a year old battery be bad, or could I have other issues ?

Thanks
    Robin
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 1, 2014, 05:52 AM
    Would start with the Battery fully charged. Check voltage before starting, check when running to be sure it is charging. You may have a drain. You could check current while bike is off. If no current meter. Measure voltage every couple of hours?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley Davidson Troubleshooting Guide [ 0 Answers ]

2011 street glide speakers quit working - no sound. Everything else is functioning

Free Harley Davidson Troubleshooting Guide [ 0 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a HD 2003 Heritage softtail. I have been riding already this year for about a month. Today when I tried to start the bike it would not crank, it just makes sort of a spinning sound. The battery is charged and the fusses are good.. Any ideas?

Harley davidson troubleshooting guide [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Harley low rider with a tapping noise coming from the front of the motor with some oil residue just above the exhaust port. What could be some problem?

Harley Davidson Troubleshooting Guide [ 0 Answers ]

Power in battery no power in amp gauge won't start

Harley Davidson Troubleshooting Guide? [ 2 Answers ]

Harley davidson heritage softail, 1998 was working fine and now just will not start, battery is fine

View more questions Search