Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    66stang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 07:33 PM
    I am still in love with my first girlfriend
    My girlfriend and I broke up to go away to college. Our schools are only an hour and a half away from each other and we had talked about breaking up for school before we got together, but during our 8 month relationship the topic never came up. When school started she told me that I knew all along we were going to break up and that it shouldn't have been a surprise. After a year and a half I still have feelings for her and I think about her all the time. She was my first girlfriend and I haven't had a girlfriend since her. I have dated girls and slept with many, but I can't get over her. We are just now trying to be friends and hang out every once in a while. Whenever we get food I always pay and she doesn't mind. I always open doors for her and treat her as if we were still going out, but we haven't had and sexual contact. Is normal to feel this way? Does she feel the same way? Do I cut her out of my life or try and get back together with her?
    aiyerrc Posts: 135, Reputation: 16

Dec 27, 2007, 07:41 PM
    How often do you get to see each other? A situation like this is based many on the feeling you are getting from her...

Don't try too hard, or it'll push her away... keep it casual, and see where things go

Who broke up with who technically?
    66stang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
    We see each other during breaks from school, so maybe 3 times a year. She technically broke up with me because I wanted to try and make it work, but she didn't.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Its hard to say this but I think its something which has run its course. My ex broke up with me 11 months ago and I still think of her a lot but for my emotional stability I decided to break contact with her last July. It has helped a lot! I think it might help you.

You have three choiceS:

1) You get stuck in a revolving door carrying on the way you are
    2) You tell her how you feel face to face
    3) You say to her its best you don't speak anymore and try to get on with life
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 09:42 PM
    The first two stickies have advice for someone in a breakup. You should read them numerous times. You should consider No Contact. The only thing you should say to her is what Jiser has recommended: "You say to her its best you don't speak anymore and try to get on with life." No contact for 90 to 120 days, and then reassess your heart. It sounds as though you should just work on mental relationship skills, rather than physical because you are in no condition other than causual right now. Take some time and get your feet firmly on the ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I still love my ex-girlfriend... someone help me.. [ 19 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a 15 years old boy.I broke up wit my girlfriend last year end.I still love her!I can't stop thinking of her!I tried hooking up wit few new girls,but,I still miss my ex!! can anyone help me? Thankz

Girlfriend said she doesn't love me as much as she used to [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend of approx 2 yrs told me she loves me but not as much as she used to. She is 18 and I am 22 for the first year things were great , we would do everything together and even talked about marriage , kids and getting a flat etc. She used to tell me I was the only lad she could be herself...

My girlfriend says I don't know to Do you love me? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 5 months. We have been moving a little faster than normal, I moved in with her, and we have some plans for the future. She has already told me that I am stuck with her forever. That is what I want. I want only her forever. I have told her three times...

Girlfriend wants separation, but we're still in love. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, My girlfriend of nearly two years just told me recently that she thinks it is best if we separate as she needs time to clear her head and make sure I am the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with. This announcement caught me 100% offguard. In fact, the week prior to this we...

I still love my ex girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 14 yr old old guy. I finished with my first love at least 2 months ago. She was incredibly upset. I thought I was fine and have seen other girls since but whenever I didn't have anything distacting me was cronicly depressed. I didn't know y. I am good friends with her now and it has been onli...

View more questions Search