Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    estefania Posts: 90, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Social Security
    I need to get my social security card. What do I need to get it? I don't have a driver's license or a passport. I have my birth certificate, student id, and a school transcript. Is that all I need or should I have something else. Idk. Help me! :confused:
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 25, 2009, 09:50 AM

The forms of ID you have are all pretty good. Your birth certificate establishes your US citizenship and age, and you school ID should be good enough to estanblish your identity.

See the following web site for info on how to apply for a SS card - basically you fill out form SS-5 and take it with your IDs to the local SS office.

Your Social Security Number And Card
    estefania Posts: 90, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:40 AM

Thank you so much! : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding Social Security [ 3 Answers ]

Call me new. Because I'm far from Social Security, however my father isn't. He just received his first check from the Social Security Office. He asked me if he is able to continue to work, or must he be unemployed to receive Social Security. Question: Can you have both a working income and...

Social Security [ 5 Answers ]

Can Social Security checks be garnished

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

F2-f2 social security tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My wife and I are both international student holding f-1 visa. I came to States with an f-1 visa in August, 2001. My wife came to states in 2004 with an f-2 visa. She changed her immigration status from f2 - f1 in 2005 then. We are both on opt now. We chose to file a joint tax return as...

Pay Social Security? [ 3 Answers ]

Country : India Status: F-1 ( 2nd year of the total 5 years ) Pay: 57K/annum ( paid bi-weekly ) I have been working on CPT from June 07 to Dec 14 07; From Dec 15 07 I am on OPT, I told my employer Not to deduct my Social security and Medicare and they didn't for the period 1 June to 31...

View more questions Search