Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RiyaM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Moral and Cultural values for children
    I All,

I need some advise. I live in Ireland and I am going to start activity classed for small children to give them some introduction to our Indian values, culture and some knowledge of religion and moral education. I am just confuse about the age group of the children like how young the kids should be and how older in a group? Do u think if an age group of 5-15 will be good for this or it should be something else? Any suggesions...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 10:38 AM

I suggest you follow other regular camps and how they separate their age groups.

Some do this:

4 - 10/10 - 13

while others do

3 - 6, 7 - 9, 10 - 12, 13 - 14

As you are starting an activities class that involves culture, values, and moral education, the activities that a 5 year old would enjoy, would most likely NOT be enjoyable by a 15 year old full into puberty. I'd try to separate it out if I could.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:05 AM

I agree.. definitely break down the age groups. Attention span, interests, and abilities of your 5-7 year olds are going to be vastly different from your 13-15 year olds for example.

One suggestion, try to make the activities, and lessons from them, as relative to the age group as possible. Real life examples and situations that they can relate to will not only hold their interest more, but also help them to retain the information better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutural and Moral Education for children [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I need some advise. I live in Ireland and I am going to start activity classed for small children to give them some introduction to our Indian values, culture and some knowledge of religion and moral education. I am just confuse about the age group of the children like how young the...

Moral Values & sex [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all; I would really like anyone's opinion; but this question is mostly for women; and Christians: I am currently getting over some personal issues relating to men and self esteem; and have been doing quite okay lately. Ive been uncovering past issues, going to counseling, getting back to my...

Cultural values [ 6 Answers ]

hi, I'supposed to teach my students to talk about personal values which should guide them in life . But I'm a bit lost as I'dont how proceed.Thanks for help

View more questions Search