Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Solving a block and incline Physics problem with an unknown angle
    A factory machine is required to pull heavy crates up a frictionless ramp. If the machine's motor can exert a maximum force of 1100 N, and the crates have a mass of 1800 kg, what is the maximum angle the ramp can set at for the machine to move the crates?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 19, 2011, 05:54 AM
    The force the motor has to overcome is the component of the crate's weight W that is along the direction of the ramp (tangential to the inclined plane). If the ramp is inclined at an angle , the components of the crate's weight are normal to the inclined plane and tangential to the incline. Can you take it from here?
    holaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Thanks! I got it! (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grade 11, Physics. Frictional Force, Incline question. [ 1 Answers ]

A 30 kg kid slides down a 35 degree incline with a coefficient of friction of 0.09. Find the kids acceleration.

Weight of block on incline vs frictional force [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I know this is simple but I got 3 points taken off my last exam because it said: There is a block at rest on an incline, the frictional force acting on the block is... A)zero B)equal to the weight of the block C)greater than the weight of...

Physics-find acceleration given angle [ 3 Answers ]

A car slides down an icy driveway that slopes at an angle of 10 degrees. What is the acceleration of the car? -Can someone explain how to do this, I'm completely lost!

New to physics and do not know if I am solving correctly [ 10 Answers ]

I am new to physics and cannot figure out what to do with the following problem. It seems simple but I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. Here it is: If someone travels 252.4 km/hour, how long will it take them to travel 100m? I am thinking I should just divide using 1000m to get my speed...

Solving Physics [ 1 Answers ]

A marble, textbook and a flming stick are simultaneously dropped from height of 10 feet. Supposing air resistance upon the fallling objects is small enough that it can be neglected, which will the floor first?

View more questions Search