Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Heat pump
    My condensing fan motor is humming. I just replaced the capicitor 2 weeks ago and visually it looks OK. Will the motor hum if the unit is in defrost cycle?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 23, 2006, 03:33 PM
    No. The condenser fan motor will be doing nothing when in the defrost mode... Why did you replace the capacitor?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 03:39 PM
    The fan motor was bad so I replaced it and the cap as well. All has worked fin until tonight. If in the defrost mode would have it been the compressor I heard? How long does an average defrost cycle last?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Yes, you would hear the compressor. It will last only a few minutes...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump transformer [ 3 Answers ]

Where is the transformer and what does it look like and how can I tell if it is bad?

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Heat Pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had someone install a brand new 98% eff. Furnace with a 13 seer a/c. They offered to put a dual fuel heat pump in for $2000.00. My gas bills are still a little higher than I would like and I wanted to know if a dual fuel heat pump is really worth the extra money and if it would save me...

Heat Pump [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. My builder was required to put one in per our neighborhood association. However, he set the thermostat so that it would never kick on because he thought I would like the hotter air provided by the gas furnace. I was thinking with the price of gas on the rise the heat...

View more questions Search