Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    george is here Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 12:33 AM
    Describe squatters law
    I like to know the exact wording of Florida's squatters law.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 03:44 AM
    Please click on the following search.

Florida Squatters Law - Google Search

But, I do think that if you would post why you are asking the question in the first place, that you might attract some people to answer your question who may be able to help you the best.

Thanks!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 05:43 AM
    There is no such thing as a "squatter's law" anymore. It is referred to as adverse possession. A summary of the Florida requirements for taking title by adverse possession is: "The requirements for adverse possession are very strict. The person claiming adverse possession must possess the land openly, notoriously, and in a visible manner such that it is in conflict with the owner's right to the property. In addition, this person must either have some sort of title on which to base claim of title or the person must have paid property taxes on the land claimed to be adversely possessed. Of final note, the person must possess the land continuously and exclusively for at a period of at least seven years."

You can find a more detailed explanation at Handbook of Florida Fence and Property Law: Adverse Possession

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can You Describe Heaven? [ 28 Answers ]

Please give me a description (what you imagine) heaven to be like! Pleasee

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

Can someone tell how they would describe intamacy [ 10 Answers ]

I have tried asking him what he meant many times but I just can't understand what he's talking about. I tried that a while back but well I'm just confused by the terms he uses as this whole sex peak just looses me and I don't understand one half of it at all You could add to that list ...

No clue where to ask this. What words can describe this? [ 31 Answers ]

Ever have that feeling where your just kind of blank but your thinking about things that you miss and how you can get them back. Your wondering what all happened. And you just kind of feel like your back in the past but your not. Your only imagining it to be happy. I guess that's the only way I...

View more questions Search