Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roaddoggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Duck cant walk
    I have a duck that is about six months old. He is a male and I have another male so they may have got in a fight but, there is no blood or broked legs have cheeked him good. I found him stuck in the mud and could not walk. He is eating and drinking and pooping but can not walk. Could it be his back? He is in my house and we are taking care of him the best we can. DO you think he could be fixed or should we put him down? How do we know if his back is broke?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 12:11 PM

Ask a vet.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 23, 2009, 12:33 PM

Sadly we can't give you a diagnosis. The only way to know what's going on is to take him to a vet.

We can guess, but would you bet his life on a guess? I wouldn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Duck suddenly can't walk [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here but need some help! We have two 2 month old ducklings. We have raised them from being not more than a couple of days old at the most and they have been doing really well. One was slightly older than the other and so was a bit bigger and stronger. However on Sunday morning we...

My duck can't walk anymore. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a baby duck that a chicken hatched out a couple of weeks ago. She refused the duckling and pecked a large hole and exposed the skull. We resuced the duckling and all was fine until last night. The little duck has lost its ability to walk. What might be the problem?

Duck eggs [ 4 Answers ]

One duck egg in our yard is alive. My family does not want to keep it but wants to take care of it until it is ready to live on its own.What to ducks eat?:confused:

Whole Duck [ 6 Answers ]

Any tips or recipes on how to prepare duck. Thank you!

Limp Duck [ 1 Answers ]

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your Duck, Cuddles, has passed away." The distressed...

View more questions Search