Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aston89 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 03:03 PM
    The girl at tesco, bus THEN college
    OK I'm 17 I saw this girl at tesco first.

I had to go with my mum to help out and as I was putting things on the conveyor belt I looked up and first saw her. I kind of caught her eye and she was staring at me. I don't really get much female attention and I was kind of freaked out whether its because she like me or because she thought I was weird.

I even saw on my bus on the way too town and noticed how pretty she is but I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

The final straw was when I saw her at my college in the library and I walked past her and we made eye contact again and I don't think I even smiled. This has got to stop really and I've got to say something. I also really hope I'm not giving her the impression that I'm not interested...

What do you think I should do or say??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Hello my name is... want to hang out at... after a. work, b. class c. my parole hearing ( OK maybe not C)

But say hello and ask her to have a coffee, soda, weekend at the beach, what do 17 year old college students do.
    pmatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Yeh just go and talk to her, man. Be confident and friendly etc, and yeah maybe just as Chuck says ask her to go and hand out somewhere. The weather is crap in the UK at the moment at least where I am, maybe you can use that to you advantage.

Ask her at college, not Tesco.
    wiggitywackiraq Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

May 27, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Walk up to her and say one of the following:

-there's hundreds of bones in your body, but I'm only thinking about one of mine.
    -i lost my number can I have yours?
    -do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
    -nice shoes... wanna fu**?
    -your daddy must be a thief cause he stole all the stars and put them in your eyes.
    -did it hurt? When you fell from heaven.
    -your pants must be made of mirrors cause I can see myself in them.
    -do you want to come to the pants party? Wait, I said that wrong didn't I?
    -there must be mirrors on your shoes cause I can see up your skirt.

I got plenty... if anyone runs out hit me up and I get more of out there.

May 28, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Y not tesco lol?

I want to break the ice with something natural instead a cheesy chat up line. And after that I wunt really know what to talk about because I isn't very good at this :(...
    EllieBrown Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
    So do you think she recognizes you each of these times and realizes that she has been seeing you quite often? If so, next time you see her somewhere, as you walk by say "Are you stalking me?" and then smile or laugh or let her know that you are joking. I had a guy say that to me once, it was funny!
    pmatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Don't ask at Tesco because she is at work, she is cornered etc, and they may have policies and stuff. Millions of people at tesco as well.

May 29, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatt
    Don't ask at Tesco because she is at work, she is cornered etc, and they may have policies and stuff. Millions of people at tesco aswell.
    Yeah maybe. :( I'm in two minds about this bcos its not like I'm in her class at college and I've only seen her once in a year. I've seen her most of the time at tesco

Pass her a note?? :o
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 29, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aston89
    y not tesco lol?

i wanna break the ice with somethin natural instead a cheesy chat up line.
    Good for you mate, don't go for chat up lines, most girls with either;

Laugh in your face and walk away;

Or

Slap you, laugh in your face, then walk away!

Just be natural, if she's noticed you she probably likes something about you and will be massivly flattered if you approach her and make the first move! Remember, she's probably just a nervous as you are!

Get a conversation going about how you've seen her around, ask her what she got up to on the weekend, what she's doing next weekend and most importantly LISTEN to what she says so that you can bring it up in future conversations!

Be nice to her, get a rappor going and nature will do the rest for you! :)
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

May 30, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Be yourself!
    That is how you grab a heart

May 31, 2007, 12:11 AM
    Ill probably see her today as I'm going to tesco to get my little brothers present. I don't know wt to do. It'd probably be awwkward as my mums coming with me as well :s and I don't know if ill see her at college again. Should I seize the oppurtunity?

May 31, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Hell yeah you should! You'll definitely regret it if you don't! Remember, the worst that can happen is she will turn you down. That might sound bad, but at least you've given it a good go then!

If you see her, try and ditch your Mum for 2 minutes somehow! Just say you're off for a quick look at the DVDs and CDs or something!

Then strike up a conversation with said young lady! Find out where she hangs out after work and see if there's some way you could meet her there!

Good luck mate, let us know how it goes!

May 31, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Cool I will do. I should post in a few hours ;)
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 31, 2007, 05:14 AM
    I agree no chat up lines... I personally can't stand them... I had one once saying "do you have any irish in you" I said no, he asked if I wanted some... maybe if he had turned round and said.. hi my names such a thing and I want to get you a few drinks or whatever it wouldn't have been painfully embarrassing for him lol.
    Be yourself, tell her you have seen her around a lot lately and you are interested in going to see a movie or something, smile and be happy, she can only say no... I know how that feels, I built myself up for over 6 months to ask a guy out once and he respectfully said no as he had a girlfriend (I didn't know that), I was mortified but I thanked him for his honesty and told him to be happy, no hard feelings.
    Just do it! There's nothing to be scared about. Good luck...

May 31, 2007, 06:18 AM
    I think I do have a fear of approachin girls I don't know and I never know how to break the ice. I guess I've got to fce my fears.

OK I saw her today briefly she passed me from behind so I couldn't exactly smile and say hi. Also I was with my mum which was a pain. Also when I broke away from my mum I coudnt find her. There was nothing much I could do...

Ill try again next time or I may go down myself. I don't want it to drag on to long though

Jun 1, 2007, 05:20 AM
    OK I went down myself today and I did it! I went down on the bus telling my mum I was getting a fathers day card.

I got there looked around for her and she was on the till so I bought something and went to her till. I said hi and smiled and she was being kind of blunt and I froze and didn't really say anything then I left.

THEN I thought forget this I'm not going back home I haven't even done what I came to do- home is fair few miles back as well.

So I went back into the shop had no clue what to do. Then I decided to buy her some flowers :P I picked some nice red ones and went to her till again and when she asked again 'do you want any help packing?' I said 'no there for you' and her face lit up. She was surprised and she said really can you leave them at reception so I can pick them up later when I gave her the money I also gave her a note saying 'hi, your really pretty' and gave her my email adress- I don't have a mobile. I found out her name was lea said buy then I left.

I think it went OK??
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Yes that is perfect, I'm sure there are hundreds of girls reading this wishing they could meet a guy like you :p

Jun 1, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Ha ha, you're a legend! Well done for plucking up the courage and dragging yourself back in there!

It sounds like it went really well, now just wait for the email! Girls can be a bit strange though... so you may have to wait a while! Lol!

The boy done good! *claps*

Jun 1, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Yes that is perfect, I'm sure there are hundreds of girls reading this wishing they could meet a guy like you :p
    LOL its because there all scared stiff like me. I walked out the shop and decided to give it one more shot. My heart was pounding though

Yh hope she emails, will have too wait and see

BUT I want to thank all you lot for helping me out ad giving me advice. I probably wouldn't have done it hd I not come on this site
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Oh bless I've been following this and I have to say well done you my word you are amazing if you can keep treating women like that for the rest of your life you will be on a winner lots of hugs to you poppet and I sure hope you feel proud :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Bus fares [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know - in fiscal year end (June 06) if a field trip occurs in July 06 and advance is made to individual in June 06 - individual purchases bus fares for field trip on June 30, 06. Do we have an expense in June or July.

View more questions Search