Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheryls2006 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 10:05 PM
    How to repair shower valve
    My tub has a single handle to control water flow and the shower valve/lever at the top of the faucet will not pull up to activate the shower head. How can I repair this myself or is a professional needed.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Cheryl
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 11:17 PM
    If by faucet you mean the tub spout, most of these are the slip on type.
    Under the bottom of the spout, next to the tub, there is a opening with a screw. Loosen screw, slide spout of pipe, replace with same type spout.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three-knob Jameco tub valve repair [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to repair the tub in our bathroom because the cold water runs constantly (not full power, but a steady trickle) and the diverter valve allows too much water to run to the tub spigot, giving us very low water pressure for the shower. One of the wall flanges is branded "Jameco/CBM." ...

Repair shower diverter valve of Moen Monticello spout [ 5 Answers ]

The shower diverter valve in the spout of my Moen Moentrol Single-Handle Tub/Shower spout has recently started leaking; i.e. when the shower is turned on, water now comes out of both the tub spout and the shower. This unit was an original installation in about 1999. I note that it has a slot on...

Leaking Shut off Valve-How do I repair it? [ 2 Answers ]

Went to fix a leaking sink in my bathroom. Turn off the water shut off valve in the basement when I went to turn the water back on (fix the leaky sink)the shut off valve will not stop leaking. How do I repair it?:confused:

Price Pfister valve repair [ 2 Answers ]

I am attempting to stop a leaky hot water faucet model 48-DC00. I have taken the handle off and removed the valve assembly. Now what? There is a small O-ring that apears to be OK but the ceramic, (or plastic) part in the middle does not look good. Maybe there is no alternative but to purchase a...

Kenmore waher repair-pump or valve? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Our Kenmore Catalyst Wahing Machine won't drain... it stopped after the wash cycle. We ran the diagnostics according to the repair maunal, but how do we know if this a problem with the solenoid valve or the pump? Thanks!

View more questions Search