Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emachines Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Power Supply Voltage
    Is it fine to set 230v on power supply in US?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Its closer to 240 volts. 120 is more convient/available.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:18 PM
    No, 115v or 120v, you need to buy an electricity converter, will damage machine
    =OTS=G-Man Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Not sure what the need would be, seeing as how all US outlets are ~115V. Unless your hooking up to a Dryer outlet.

In any case, setting the switch wrong will blow your power supply
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 01:20 PM
    If the power Supply has a switch and is 240 volt selectable, it will work on 240 volts.
    If this is in the US and for Production, 120 Volts is everywhere. What is this power supply for, Watts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power supply [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know how to power up a Automation Direct power supply (STP-PWR-3204). Currently, I have connected the 120V AC pins G,N,L to various connections to a 10-circuit terminal block which in turn in wired to other components such as stepper drivers, etc. But to power up everything, I...

Difference between supply voltage and input voltage? [ 2 Answers ]

Consider a Common Emitter amplier circuit, there'll be two inputs present in which one is applied at the base of the transistor and other at collector I want to know 1)what is difference between that two voltages ? 2)need to use both in the same circuit? ...

Why do we get low voltage power supply? [ 1 Answers ]

In India, appliances are 220 volts enabled. However, many Electricity Boards often provide mains power at less than 220 volts. What are the possible reasons? Is it because of technical inefficiency? On the consumer end, if the "actual load" is higher than the "connected load" (as shown by the...

Power supply [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a new mother board and I wanted to put my graphics card back in, but I'm worried that the power supply doesn't have enough power. I was going to try it, but I didn't want to if it might do some damage to my comp. Does anyone know if I try it and it doesn't work, will it possibly damage...

Computer Power Supply [ 9 Answers ]

Hey peepz! I recently noticed that ma new computer overheats often, which is starting to worry me slightly :eek: . I was told that it could be the power supply unit which is 250V. I have the following specs... 3400+ 64 AMD Processor MicroStar MSI MS-6741 uATX Motherboard 1024MB RAM ATI...

View more questions Search