Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sambazone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Why did a stranger come to me & ask my phone#
    Hi & thanks for your opinion!
    My situation follows, and questions are below:I leaving to the post office, when I noticed this guy, talking on his cell.phone, checking me out. I went in and saw a cute woman,30's- ish coming out. As I left the post office, he was, then off the cell.phone and talking to the random woman coming out the post office. So I jump in my car and drive away, and I look behind me and, there he is, following alongside me on his motorcycle. He must have seen me get in my car and immediately jumped on his bike, because he was literally right behind me, so I turned left and he motions to roll down the window and proceeds to tell me I'm gorgeous (wearing no makeup, glasses, hair a mess, jeans & sweater) & can he get my phone#? So, I was in kind of shock, but he was also kind of cute, so I gave him my card, and felt like I just made it way tooo easy for him.
    WHY did he say that? Why did he ask my phone number? Was he really scamming on that previous girl, or did it just look really bizarre situation? I could tell they were strangers and didn't know each other either, maybe he was new to town? I know I was not in gorgeous-mode, and it seriously looked like he tried to hook up with 3 people in 3 minutes 1. cell.phone conversation, 2 random girl at P.O. 3, Me.
    I know he may never even call, but just wondering, how random was that ? And basically, IS IT OKAY TO GIVE YOUR PHONE # TO A TOTAL STRANGER? DOES IT EVER WORK?
    THANK YOU !
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 12:32 AM

Hi, sambazone!

From my point of view and from what you have told us here, I think that the guy would appear to be in some sort of desperation as far as finding someone for himself.

There are those people out there that are like that and will resort to almost any means to be with someone with whom they might be physically attracted. My experience with those types is that they're usually very selfish and only wanting that which will be pleasing to themselves, even though they might disguise that want and also need by what they say and by how they act, in the present as well as the future, with you.

My advice would be that it's not a good idea to be giving out any sort of contact information to anyone you don't know, except if it might be for some business type purpose.

I would also suggest steering clear of that person in the future.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your post.

Thanks!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 12:43 AM

I'm on the fence here. There's no reason to suspect this man of anything evil. Are you attractive? Seriously... modesty aside... are you? You know the answer. Was his behavior reasonable.

Some people don't suffer from shyness. This guy may simply have no problem going up to people and telling them what he thinks... especially if it concerns his wants.

On the other hand, he may be overly confident, to the point of no inhibitions whatsoever.

He may be a salesman who understands the law of averages. If you confidently approach 20 women, compliment them and ask for their number, 3 of them will provide it.

So, the answer here is the same for many questions asked on the forum... what do YOU think about this, not what do we think.

You are perfectly capable of waiting to see if he calls at all, right? That's a required first step for any of your worry to even be worthwhile.

If he does, you're perfectly capable of arranging safe and public dates, right? Players reveal themselves usually in predictable ways. If you won't play, he'll move on. If he's not a player, and he's as interested in you as you are in him, you'll keep dating.

This is all possibly harmless so far, right? Let it be. Let's just see what happens before we suspect anything bad, OK?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About the movie the stranger [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Today, 01:13 AM taytaycgic2 New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 1 The stranger --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drunkin stranger. [ 6 Answers ]

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the Door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, Standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push. "Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3:00 in the morning!" He slams The door and returns to bed....

Helping out a stranger [ 31 Answers ]

I had someone answer our roommate ad (I am the owner) she needed a place bad but weonly told her she can stay in a different "extra" room until she found a place (I basically helped a homeless person) by 7 days she wanted out and we wanted her out too. We gave her until may 26 (over 30 days to find...

The stranger [ 1 Answers ]

In the 80's or the early 90's I watched a movie even taped it on my vcr watched it again about 20 times... well the movie was lost... I have tried finding it in every movie site and even e bay I think the movie was one made for hbo but can't find it any where I might have the name wrong......

View more questions Search