Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Murray/Briggs 17hp twin problem
    My Murray has a 17hp Briggs I/C twin engine (42A707) that starts right up, cuts fine, but will not re-start if you shut it off. I have new spark plugs, new armature, and a good battery. When I go to re-start it, the engine just spins. I smell gas coming out of the exhaust, but I have worn out two starter gears this summer. What could be causing this?
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Try cleaning the carb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Mower 42" Twin Select w/ Briggs 42a707, Solenoid just clicks [ 2 Answers ]

Murray 42" Twin Select Briggs 42a707 16.5hp Motor OK, I am not on my mower at the moment, obviously, but I will post more model numbers and such this afternoon. History. 1. Wife picks house with monster lawn. 2. Wife pisses on my plan for a new riding mower. 3. Neighbor has pity and...

Belt for Murray 17hp 42 widebody [ 1 Answers ]

I need the blade belt for a Murray 17hp twin(42A707) 42 inch cut "Widebody". The old one stretched and broke and I cannot read any numbers on it. Can somebody help me and give me the right part number?

16.5 I/c Briggs Twin engine problem [ 10 Answers ]

After rebuilding the deck over the last two months, now my Yard Machine 600 series tractor will not run properly. The engine will rev and die repeatedly when you try to cut with it. The carb was rebuilt last year and it has new fuel lines and filter. Is this an adjustment problem or is the carb...

View more questions Search