Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david sul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Dodge ram 1500
    I have read some previous posts and it seems there are similar problems. My truck only has luke warm heat. I flushed the cooling system, new thermostat, OEM 195 degree, flushed heater core many times, water free flows very strong through heater core. I too have a spot on my temperature knob that sticks a little. I opened the dash, took out the temperature control panel and the cable and gears all seem to work well. Hoses to and from heater core at the firewall are hot. If it is the "door" the temp. control knob controls, how and where do I get to it? Is there a vacuum control on this vehicle also? Where? Any help would be great, thanks!
    ookinschma Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Hi
    What year is your Ram? I have a lot of experience with the 94-01 models. They actually have both vacuum and cable operated plenum doors. The heater door is on the other end of the cable you describe, and is most likely the problem, and VERY hard to access as it is behind the dash, and parts of the glove box, etc.It is a door that allows the hot air from the heater core to enter the heater/air conditioning plenum (air box) There are several vacuum operated plenum doors that shift the airflow to different outlets, defrost, dash, floor etc. but they are controlled by the other knob. My 1995 Ram has the same problem you have, and I have been dreading the prospect of starting to fix it. Luckily, it doesn't get really cold where I live!
    Hope this helps!
    mack1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 04:34 AM
    I have a 1994 dodge ram 1500 and the temp gauge is all the way to the hot position but the van isn't running hot .but I only get heat when it is moving when I com to a stop it blows cold air.had a water pump replaced .that is when the problem started any ideas
    frankortiz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 FWD truck. The FWD indicator light is on when the 2 wheel drive is engaged. The light turns off when I shift to 4H or 4L. I have replace the vacuum shift assembly motor, fork , fork pads, o ring, c clips and indicator light switch to no avail. Any idea as to what else might be the problem?
    frankortiz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
    I found the answer to the FWD indicator light being on while the Dodge 1500 FWD vehicle is in 2WD. The vacuum hose just behind the manifold going to the transmission broke and was losing vacuum through there. Now I have FWD on demand and everything is geat.
    lawdgg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 03:22 PM
    I need help finding AC hoses for my 1996 dodge ram 1500? Any suggestions?
    mahmoud1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Dashboard Removal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500's dashtop has cracks throughout the dashtop. A 6" x 6" section has already come out. I want to replace the dashtop myself, since the Dealership wants almost $500 in labor charges alone to replace the dashtop. I could use some help here with Dashtop removal instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    grabiel77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 08:16 PM

My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 have a Check Gages message in control panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif :eek: Any thoughts on how I can fix this? ...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Dodge 2000 Ram 1500 [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on the 2000 dodge ram 1500 and it won't start lights will not turn on radio doesn't work no electrical activity the battery is new. Its possible that the terminals were hooked up backwards(neg to pos--) is there some sort of fuse or relay,breaker etc that possibly tripped.

2005 Dodge 1500 Ram dashboard [ 2 Answers ]

I want to replace the stereo in my truck. How do I get the dash on the stereo offF dose pop off, are their screws, need help.

View more questions Search