Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ima164 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Leaking (intermittent) Maytag washing machine
    I have a Maytag washer (model # MAV6057AWW). It has two main problems which are both intermittent:

1) sometimes I find a large puddle of water under/in front of the machine. It might happen once every month, or two days in a row.

2) more often than the above (but not all the time) it labors during the final rinse/spin cycle and doesn't empty out. I know this because my fabric softener (which was in the cup in the center of the machine) isn't empty at the end of the cycle and the machine is still full (to some degree) of water. If I catch this whining/laboring at the start of the rinse/spin cycle and open the machine, I can shift the tub a bit and then it will proceed normally. It will then make the appropriate rinse/spin noises and empty properly.

(possibly) an important note: the above problems don't seem to coincide, although I can't be 100% certain, because the machine is in my basement and I can't always "babysit" through the entire cycle.

Any help would be very much appreciated. My husband is quite handy and if he knew what to look for would be able to take the machine apart to fix it.

Thanks tons in advance,
    A frustrated working mom with three kids and tons of laundry!! :(
    kimmi4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 09:12 PM
    I just had the same problem with my washing machine leaking. I had the same expierance that it didn't leak every time I washed something. I had someone come out to fix it and it turned out it was a broken seal (or he might have said gasket) on the top of the laundry tub. You might want to run the machine with the front face off and see where the leak is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool washing machine will wash but will not rinse or spin. Please help me I am not sure what I need to do?:eek:

Washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore washing machine runs good until it reaches the spin cycle need help

Overflowing Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a condo (5th floor) from my dad when he passed away. I have this rented. There is a washer that overflowed for 45 min and ruined the oak flooring in my unit and the ceilings and flooring in several units below mine. This is a disaster! After checking it out, I believe the overflow...

No water in washing machine! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My washing machine was working fine, its Simpson Esprit 700, heavy duty. But from last 2 days it can't get any water from hose when I turn it on.I hear the motor is running and there is water on the tap and the hose is not clogged.For some reason the machine is unable to get water inside. Any...

View more questions Search