Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noleman7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 03:58 AM
    Wallpaper removal
    I am a contractor and am bidding on a 19 story interior condo which I will be painting all interior hallways first having to remove about 48,000 sq.ft of stipable wallpaper.My question is a square footage price for the removal?
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Mar 22, 2009, 04:29 PM

I see a lot of people that want to get rid of wall coverings but a lot of the time the paper will not come off cause they never primed the walls and the papers hanger did use sizing on the wall in which the paper will be stuck right to the sheet rock and upon removing it, it will pull the paper off the sheet rock or it will pull the paper up on the sheetrock so when you try to paint the paper will bubble under the paint most of the time when I see where the wallpaper will not come off I put a light texture over the top of it and then paint

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wallpaper removal [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently removed vinyl wallpaper from my kitchen walls. It all came off beautifully, but now the walls feel bumpy from what I assume is the glue. I've tried to wash it off, but it just feels slick and sticky and dries bumpy again. Any suggestions? grace1

Wallpaper removal [ 2 Answers ]

We are having trouble removing one layer of wallpaper from our bathroom. We bought a steamer, but even that won't budge the glue off the dry wall. Any secrets

Wallpaper removal [ 1 Answers ]

What is a reasonable price to charge for wallpaper removal in a kitchen? The wallpaper is on the ceiling also. Location is in Queens, new York

I am removing old wallpaper in my kitchen. I have peeled a layer of wallpaper off & it came of easily, but I can see a faint floral pattern & am thinking this is another layer of wallpaper. When I try to remove this, I am seeing a green wall, but some of the sheet rock is peeling off too. How do I...

I've already peeled the top layer of the wallpaper off and am left with the paper backing. I've tried DIF concentrate mix, letting it sit and resoak twice, I've tried the DIF gel, letting it sit and then I tried straight vinegar. Nothing seems to be easily taking the backing off, in addition...

View more questions Search