Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicole jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Breast feeding
    Can breast feeding make your breast larger?
    widowneedshelp Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 11:52 PM

Absolutely - as long you continue to breast feed, but once the milk dries up, the breasts goes back to normal, and sometimes smaller than before, also the skin has been stretched, so be prepared for them to sag a bit. I remember telling my doctor that I didn't want them bigger, I just wanted them back where they started from.
    Good Luck.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 05:54 AM

Surprisingly breastfeeding isn't the culprit for breasts that head south. Pregnancy, age, and genetics are the main reasons.

Some women find they don't notice a great deal of change in size when breastfeeding, other women increase a fair amount. As widowneedshelp said, you might be a bit smaller, you may return to your norm, and you may even find you are more shapely once baby has weaned... it is very individual.

Size and change, unless in extreme circumstances, have nothing to do with the amount of milk you can produce however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast Feeding Prep ! [ 2 Answers ]

How do you prepare yourself for breastfeeding? Do you just sit still and wait for the milk to produce after birth? Is there some type of manual work involved with the breasts? What's going on?? How do you know when to start doing something abou tthis milk that's supposed to come out? ...

Breast feeding diet. [ 8 Answers ]

Will it affect my baby's breast milk if I take my prenatial vit. And DHA pills and not eat very much?:confused:

Breast feeding [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 25 weeks pregnant and I was wondering with my first son I bottle feed with my second one he was only 2 pounds so he could not breast feed however I pumped for 2 months for him but I am a very busy mom of going to be three and when I pumped I stayed so wore out that I couldn't even stay...

Am I pregnant if breast feeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 month baby I breast feed her 2-3 times rest I give her formula milk , am 7 days late on my periods the HCG strip test came out negative why am I not getting my periods? Am I pregnant?

Infections through breast feeding [ 7 Answers ]

What are the possible infections or diseases a breast feeding mother could pass onto a child? Infections like measles,oral infections,urine infections,yeast,colds,fevers etc, any possibility of such passing to the baby through the breast feeding? I do not have an infection or a disease,but just...

View more questions Search