Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwebb24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
    Buyer asking for a refund from Craigslist
    I advertised a California King mattress set on Craigslist. I was asking $900 and the lady asked me if I would come down in price. I did. I dropped it by 200.00. She and her husband came to pick it up and after they got it home, she says she measured it and says it is not a California King that it is a King. I have the original receit and it states the purchase was a California King. Now she is asking for a full refund since she says I falsely advertised the wrong size. Wouldn't that have been her responsibility to measure it when she came to pick it up? She never asked me for measurements. What do you suggest?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 3, 2012, 04:32 AM
    She bought it, show owns it. You have the original receipt stating the correct size. Yes, she should have measured before she took it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2012, 04:48 AM
    Keep your receipt. Most likely buyers remorse or some other con to try and get a refund.

Tell her no, and don't talk to her again about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craigslist refund policy? [ 5 Answers ]

I sold an item on craigslist, money was paid for it, but it was not picked up yet. I no longer wish to sell the item and I'm offering the person a full refund. The person is stating they don't want their money, just the items and that since they paid the items are technically theirs. Am I obligated...

Sold car on craigslist, buyer forced me to give refund [ 1 Answers ]

I sold my car on craigslist for $7,900.. kbb $8500 so good deal for this car. Anyway, the buyer writes me two checks , one for $7500 and the other for $400. He only had the $7500 available and told me to wait to cash the $400 check till Monday.. he bought on a Friday. Originally the buyer bought...

Am I obligated to refund money for an item sold on Craigslist? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently sold a wireless headset on craigslist. The item had never been used, was still in original box with all plastic wrapping sealed and was advertised as such. Later that night the man who purchased it called me and claimed it was defective... he asked for the receipt, which of course I do...

Sold a motorcycle on craigslist and buyer is unhappy and is sueing [ 11 Answers ]

OK well here's my story: I recently sold a motorcycle on craigslist. (listing is at the bottom). I had it for a total of little more than 2 weeks before I sold it. I bought the bike to be an second bike to keep from racking up miles on my other motorcycle or become a stunt bike. When I bought the...

View more questions Search