Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattiluv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2014, 08:03 AM
    I purchased a glacier bay toilet,toilet seat keeps coming off & now it's broken
    I purchased a glacier bay toilet from home depot, they seat kept coming off and we kept reattaching it, but now it is totally broken and can't be reattached. Any idea how to contact glacier bay to figure a way to fix this problem with the toilet seat?

Patti
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 24, 2014, 08:53 AM
    Glacier Bay is a Home Depot brand. Doubt that a toilet seat has much of a warranty. You might just try returning it and complaining. Home Depot can be pretty good at customer relations at times.

Yes, toilet seats can be hard to tighten so that they don't move around. That is because the politician surface is so smooth. I usually put a piece of double sided tape over the hole and then attach the toilet seat. Then trim the tape around hinge. That prevents the hinge from moving around, which is what usually causes the hinge to break

If you don't have any double sided tape you could try some masking tape or duct tape. Might even try some caulking under the hinge.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2014, 05:04 PM
    "That is because the politician surface is so smooth". I'm sure you meant porcelain but you answer is also very true!! Happy Thanksgiving
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 24, 2014, 09:21 PM
    Damn, I saw and thought I corrected it.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 25, 2014, 06:27 AM
    That is because the politician surface is so smooth
    Actually, I thought it was deliberate... LOL! I know Ill be calling the surface of all my toilets the "politician side" from now on!!

Thanks for the morning giggle guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does glacier bay make a toilet with a 19" seat height [ 2 Answers ]

Toilets I need a toilet with a 19" seat height does glacier bay have one

Glacier bay toilet running [ 2 Answers ]

My 1 year old glacier bay toilet will not stop running.

Glacier bay toilet company [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a 1.2 gallon toilet. I have to replace the flapper> home depot sells universal 3 inch flapper. When I tried to swap out ,original was a little different than eplacement. Toilet still leaking. Where can I buy glacier bay flapper?

Glacier bay toilet [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet keeps running - it used to stop if you flushed three or four times - now it runs constantly - how can I fix this? It isn't your normal giggle the handle or replace the arm. Thanks

2 problems: Broken toilet flange & bowl water droppage [ 11 Answers ]

My house is on a concrete slab. Toilet in question is in master bath with ceramic tile. The toilet bowl's water level, not the tank, would drop slowly, even over night & while no one was home, but it never seemed to completely empty out. I tried a test to watch the toilet water while I drained...

View more questions Search