Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horse101 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Highly Strung Horse
    My niece has recently gotten into horses and we bought a POA for her in Aug. When she tried it out the filly was great, all she did was put her head down a little a want to cut corners. My niece is almost 13 and she pony just turned 3. My niece has been working with her greatly, the pony now knows how to side pass, back up, walk, trot, canter, bend, cheek in, and go on trails. My niece rides her english and western but I don't know if it is the cold whether but latley the pony has been REALLY hipper. Not bucking or kicking but wanting to run. Whenever my niece trots her she wants to canter and when she does canter she doesn't want to stop. Even after she has had a workout she does not want to stop running. The pony doesn't want to consontrate either. I haven't changed her feed so is it just the whether or is it because she's young and wants to play? Please don't suggest that I use sadditives.
    IMavis10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2008, 03:52 AM
    It sounds like she's just young and feeling her oats. But then my mare is 24 and I still have a problem slowing her down. Is she being stalled a lot because of the cold weather? When she starts to run and won't slow down have your niece pull her head in either way(nose touching boot) and do small circles. The horse will have to slow down to do that. After a while she'll get the hint and will slow down on her own instead of having to do small circles. Good luck! Kudos to your niece for training her up so nice.
    PokerMoney Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

Feb 18, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Being a horse trainer. What I see a lot in horses that I have trained is people bring them back saying that they developed this weird attitude, not listening like they used to. This is because of a loss of manners. Also, a loss of respect. You have to be consistent all the time when it comes to horses. Tell your niece to work on her ground manners and let the horse remember who is boss.. Lunge her, bend her, and ride her. When she doesn't stop (Like IMavis10 says) pull her head around, (like to her rump) and once she makes a full circle stop her and back her. Then give her another circle and walk off. DO NOT STOP HER THEN WALK OFF! Then the horse will think it's stopping for no reason and not want to stop. When you turn her around in a circle she thinks she is somewhere else and realizes there was a reason for this stopping. If you have any other questions... just ask! Good Luck and tell your niece thanks for keeping the cowgirlin in our youth!
    csussa Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Well I'm no expert but she's probably just really excited when she sees her owner and if she's young then she just does want to have fun and play I think its quite normal if that's a young pony.
    Xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

WOE is Highly Poisonous! [ 15 Answers ]

Please read this this report. Glad I came across this article confirming it's very dangerous! Rip-off Report: World Of Entertainment 23 .com highly poisonos mercury & steroid based skin products Internet

Alarm at US right to highly personal data [ 2 Answers ]

Alarm at US right to highly personal data | UK News | The Observer Religion and sex life among passenger details to be passed on to U.S. officials. Uncomfortable with that? Come spend your money in Canada! We'd love to have you.

Highly Deteriorated Wisdom Tooth. [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the situation. I am a 21-year-old girl with no insurance whatsoever, and no income, either. I have a wisdom tooth which came in (a little sideways, pointing outwards, digging slightly into the bone back there, and I did nothing about it. Something, I can't remember what, broke it...

View more questions Search