Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nilly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
    16 yr old dating 18 yr old
    Can a 16 yr old legally date a 18 yr old in the sate of New York?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 02:49 PM
    They can date all they want
    whatshername Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilly
    Can a 16 yr old legally date a 18 yr old in the sate of New York?
    Be careful if sex is involved.. .
    According to Article 130 (Sexual Offenses) of the New York Penal Code, if the perpetrator is over 21 years old and the victim is under 17, this is known as third degree rape; if the perpetrator is 18 or older and the victim is under 15, then this is second degree rape; and, if the victim is younger than 11 years of age, then first degree rape has been committed.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whatshername
    Be careful if sex is involved . . .
    According to Article 130 (Sexual Offenses) of the New York Penal Code, if the perpetrator is over 21 years old and the victim is under 17, this is known as third degree rape; if the perpetrator is 18 or older and the victim is under 15, then this is second degree rape; and, if the victim is younger than 11 years of age, then first degree rape has been committed.
    Since the OP asked about a 16 and 18 your old your point is moot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating. At 26 [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, all, So as the title says, I'm 26 and I am having trouble with dating. I went through high school, college and grad school meeting girls who were attracted only to losers and guys who treat them like crap, and I figured by now women would have outgrown that phase, but at my age most women...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

Help with dating [ 4 Answers ]

Well , don't laugh but I've not had a date in about 8 years! I'm 35 , live alone. I've never been in love & never had a long term boyfriend. I'm not ugly , I'm a confident and outgoing person, I have loads of friends. I just can't seem to attract anyone... & when I do I just run off......

View more questions Search