Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aarti_fishy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Can I use a mixture of oils for my hair?
    I am 23. My hair is too thin and also it is graying. It is not hereditory as I had pretty good volume before.

I heard about various oils and their benefits. I wanted to try a Ayurvedic recipe on my hair. But before that I want to be sure I don't mess up with it.

Can I use a mixture of Almond oil, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Mustard oil, Rosemary oil and Castor oil. To this I would like to add amla powder, shikakai powder, curry leaves, methi powder and hibiscus flowers. I would boil this mixture, strain it and keep it in a bottle for application.

I would like to know if I am not using any ingredient that would harm my hair in any way. Also I would like to know the quantity in which I can mix them

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 27, 2011, 09:46 PM

First you need to find the reason WHY your hair is thinning if it's not hereditary.
    aarti_fishy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 09:55 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    How do I find the reason of hair thining and graying ?
    annaclaire1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 07:23 AM
    I would say no,
    Even though all those things are good for you hair
    Mixing them all together and using them in your hair won't turn out to well.
    If the issue is volume I would say try Suave extra hold shaping mousse.
    Its never to stiff or sticky in your hair and it has vitamin & protein that replenishes all hair types and it gives it the perfect volume you could deal with.
    And its also cheap!
    You can also try curl scrunch my Mother after having lung cancer and her hair thining out allot used this and it worked wonders gave it the volume she wanted while looking good Its by Garnier fructis You can buy them from any local walmart
    Good Luck
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annaclaire1 View Post
    I would say no,
    Even though all those things are good for you hair
    Mixing them all together and using them in your hair wont turn out to well.
    If the issue is volume I would say try Suave extra hold shaping mousse.
    Its never to stiff or sticky in your hair and it has vitamin & protein that replenishes all hair types and it gives it the perfect volume you could deal with.
    And its also cheap!
    You can also try curl scrunch my Mother after having lung cancer and her hair thining out allot used this and it worked wonders gave it the volume she wanted while looking good Its by Garnier fructis You can buy them from any local walmart
    Good Luck
    Using cheap a bunch of cheap mousse or hairspray won't really fix the problem either. It might work as a band aid. But J is right, you need to find out what's causing the problem to fix it. Start by talking to your doctor. It might be something as simple as you just need to add more or less of something to your diet. But you really need to talk to your doctor to make sure there's no serious issue behind this.
    annaclaire1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Well... Theres no way to actually "fix" the problem..
    And yes it is like a band-aid... Thats kind of the point...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2011, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annaclaire1 View Post
    Well...Theres no way to actually "fix" the problem..
    And yes it is like a band-aid....Thats kinda the point....
    And you know there's not way to fix it how? We don't even know what's causing the problem. There's no possible way for us to know what's causing the problem. And there's no way for us to know that it can't be fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Essential oils [ 5 Answers ]

I need a guide to go by regarding the amount or percent of essential oils necessary to ex: to kill a virus, to be antibacterial, etc... can you direct me to the appropriate website?

How do plants manufacture oils and resins [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am looking for any information I can find on the question as to how plants (in general) produce oils and resins as part of their physiology/metabolic process. Specifically I 'do not' want to know 'why' they produce oils and resins, but how, chemically, oils and resins appear inside...

Peroxide mixture to lighten dyed black hair [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this so bare with me. Iwould like to find out what combination of hydrogen peroxide and shampoo or something else I could use to lighten my daughters hair. Any suggestions? Thanks.

View more questions Search