Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jclark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Writ of Execution - Frozen Bank Account
    A previous landlord (property mgmt company) has a judgment against my husband and I for money owed, etc. We were just infomed of Writ of execution per our bank acct being frozen. Currently waiting for a lawyer to return my call; to ask questions before I process the Exemption Form w/the Sheriff's office. Does anyone know if it is possible to make payment arrangements at this stage , with the creditor if I don't have any funds or assets to pay the debt at this time? I though I could save the money to pay the judgement in full along w/using income tax refund in 2008. Was not aware that further action could be taken after the judgement. Live and learn.. All comments welcome..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Hello j:

Is it possibel to make payment arrangements?? Well, if the creditor will go along with it, sure. However, he has a free pass to your bank accounts and your payroll check now since he has a judgment, so he might not be especially willing. However, give him a call. What have you got to lose?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Garnishment (Bank Account) [ 9 Answers ]

If A writ of Garnishment is issued by a court in Texas can the plaintiff execute this garnishment on my bank account in New York? I am a resident of Texas but when I moved from New york I never changed banks. My bank is also not available anywhere in the State of Texas. Can the creditor still...

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad's bank account has been frozen. He is unemployed and what ever funds he has in his account is for rent and medicine. I called the credit card company and they want $600. A month and $100. Thereafter. The total amount due is $1,200. My dad is willing to pay $50-$100 a month. But the attorneys...

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

A judgement was placed on me from a credit card company where I owed a little over $2,000. I had moved from where the original papers were sent and did not attend the court date. I have never received any new information regarding this action at my present address. However, after receiving money...

Frozen bank account [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, My question is, can my husbands bank account be frozen for a judgement against me. I have a pending judgement against my own credit card, which he was a user, but the account was in my name. I was told to get my own account since they will probably freeze our joint account that I used to pay on...

Writ served on joint bank account [ 4 Answers ]

A writ was served against a joint bank account with my current husband. The account was set out as exempt in a motion I filed myself. The original debt was 15 years ago with ex-husband. The bank has frozen the account so we have aboslutely no money even to hire a lawyer! The writ was served the...

View more questions Search