Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RyderVR6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2005, 12:42 AM
    Made some changes, now have problems.
    Just finishing remodelling my kitchen. I changed out my sink and faucet, while doing this I decided to add a disposer. I removed the existing plumbing and started by feeding my dishwasher to the top of the disposer. From the disposer a straight pipe to a tee of the other sink basin drain, then down to the trap and out the exit in the wall. Everything seemed OK when testing the system out. Worked for a week including a dishwasher cycle. Today had filled the sink up and when ready to drain nothing moved. The water equalized into the other basin but nothing went down. I put a bucket under the trap and released the water. Nothing blocking there. I then removed the pipes from the wall to inspect, from what I could see everything looked clear and fine. No water at the lip of the pipe in the wall. So I reconnected everything and it still backs up. Do I need a vent? It seems to drain if the water is just running, but if I fill the sink everything stops draining. Anyone's advice would be appreciated. :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 23, 2005, 03:55 PM
    Easy Ryder,

The lateral, (horizontal) drain line in the wall is clogged. Remove the traps "J" and send a snake up the trap tail into the wall. You only have to put out about 6'. You will run into a elbo 6" in so crank and work your way around it. Afterward flush the line out with a tub full of hot water. Good luck, Tom
    RyderVR6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2005, 06:40 PM
    Thanks. I will give it a shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Made you think this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an essay due on the 27th and I cannot think of anything to say.. I was hoping someone can give me a few ideas to help me get on my feet. The topic is... Describe an experience that changed the way you think about something. Please help me pick up on my paper.:confused:

Made a big mistake [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I have a question I need to ask, well here it is. MY husband and I separated on June 30th of this year he said he need time to hisself to get his self together, when he was here he would leave everyday to play basketball he says and one morning he got up took a bath and said he was going to...

How fog is made? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, can anybody explain me how fog is made?

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search