Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 04:39 PM
    My clock and date are stuck in the year 2003
    I have a Dell PC and I cannot set the clock or the date to today's date and time. When I try I get a message stating that I am not authorized to make these changes, which is utterly ridiculous but I don't know how to get past it! Any help would be much appreciated.:confused: :) :) :p
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Were you able to do this before?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 07:56 PM
    As you may not be familiar with system, I would go with a repair installation

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx
    LuckyONE17 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 02:02 PM
    You will probably have to go into the BIOS settings and update the system time. Once you log back in or reboot the PC, connect to the internet and your date and time should re-syncronize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 20 2 young to date a 23 year old? [ 9 Answers ]

Is 20 to young to date a 23 year old?

Is it illegal for an 18 year old to date a 13 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a situation which I am stuck in... I like this 18 year old boy, but I'm not sure if it illegal for him to date me... is it illegal in california? And I also want to know what is the age limit in order for it to be illegal... (like an 18 year old dating a 17 or younger) in california ...

My 16 year old honeywell chronotherm III is stuck flashing [ 1 Answers ]

My honeywell chronotherm thermostate is stuck flashing the temperature. How do I repair it or what can I replace it with?

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

Accord 2003 - Air filter screws stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I just broke 2 phillips screwdrivers attempting to remove the air filter cover of my Accord 2003. Only one screw unlocked. Bad move, I used an impact driver on another one and lightly broke the pastic casing. It still seems usable. How do I remove these screws? Is drilling the screws off the only...

View more questions Search