Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PAMMYJO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Electric Water Heater
    There is no water flowing out the hot water side of all sinks, showers, tubs and washer. Problem with the hot water heater?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Sounds like it. Do you get any water,even cold, from your hot faucets or just no water at all?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 1, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Hey Pammyjo,

Sounds like a heat nipple on the hot water out let of the heater clogged up and won't let water pass. While it could be mineral buildup I would check the nipple first. It's unusual for all the hot water fixtures to quit at the same time due to mineral buildup. However, ever let me show you how to avoid mineral build up. For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by flushing on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white or yellow grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures that are affected . Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back togather the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps, Tom
    lilien Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMMYJO View Post
    There is no water flowing out the hot water side of all sinks, showers, tubs and washer. Problem with the hot water heater?
    Did you ever get an answer for this question?
    Thank you, lilien
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 18, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilien View Post
    Did you ever get an answer for this question?
    thank you, lilien
    Lil, Have you read the posts? If you have a question please do not pigghback it on some one else's post. Start a new thread. Now, do you have a problem and what is it? Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Water Heater [ 4 Answers ]

I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset...

Electric water heater placement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi again. I love this website. I am renovating a very small kitchen, and every inch counts. To maximize cabinet space, I'm putting the electric water heater under the countertop. The kitchen countertop is L shaped, and I'm putting the water heater in the corner, with a cabinet on each side...

Electric Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset...

Electric Water Heater [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy all again, here's another question. If you read my previous post about Water Circulator Woes, we're going to move upstairs now. My 20 gal electric water heater is pulling too much power. It's discoloring the electrical faceplate, and it actually burnt through it's power cable. But it...

Electric water heater thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do you troubleshoot a thermostat on an electric water heater to verify if its working or not? Bench testing and testing on unit?

View more questions Search