Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelleflores Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 11:36 AM
    Adjust Well Pressure
    I am trying to adjust the pressure on my well. It is at 60 when the water is off and it "starts" when then pressure hits 48, I need to get it down to 40.
    There are 2 screws I have adjusted both screws, both counter clockwise and clockwise. Neither one seems to lower that pressure. They raise or lower the off pressure... what am I doing wrong. It is a Pumptrol 9013FS Square D.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 31, 2005, 11:50 AM
    Hi Michelle,
    " I need to get it down to 40."

First turnoff the power at the breaker box, then pull the cover off the pressure switch and you will see two spring loaded bolts secured with nylon nuts. One tall, one short. To increase the cut in pressure, turn the nut on the tall bolt down,to decrease, turn the nut up. To increase the cut out pressure,(that's the one that will give you more pressure) turn the nut on the short bolt down, to decrease turn the nut up. This should give you the prresure you desire ifnot then change out the control box to a 20 PSI cut in and a 40 PSI cut out. Good luck, Tom

Dec 31, 2005, 12:24 PM
    Which Nut?
    Tom,
    Sorry I still am not sure which one to do, I don't know what you mean by cut in or out... is it the short one or the tall one to get it to be at 40 when the switch turns on... and is it up or down??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 31, 2005, 03:41 PM
    First turnoff the power at the breaker box, then pull the cover off the pressure switch and you will see two spring loaded bolts secured with nylon nuts. One tall, one short. To increase the pressure the pump will start up at, turn the nut on the tall bolt down,to decrease, turn the nut up. To increase the pressure that the pump will stop pumping at turn the nut on the short bolt down, to decrease turn the nut up. This should give you the pressure you desire if not then change out the control box to a 20 PSI cut in and a 40 PSI cut out.
    Michelle, I can't get it much simpler then that. Better now? Tom

Dec 31, 2005, 05:18 PM
    LOL, Yes I think so... thanks for your help!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Tank Pressure vs Pump Cut Out Pressure for Well [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to increase my water system pressure to the minimum required 40 PSI to feed my reverse osmosis drinking water filter. However, the 33 gallon pressure tank for my well pump system says it is pre-charged at 30 PSI and that the cut in pressure for my pump should be set equal to that 30...

Help mini to adjust [ 1 Answers ]

Mini is a 4yr old chihuahua,I have had here since she was 5 weeks.Mike is 9 weeks and got him 2 days ago.Mini avoids Mike and he just runs to her wanting to play and she wants no part of him.What can I do to help Mini adjust?

Adjust Withholdings Advice [ 1 Answers ]

I recently read one of the topic on this site regarding adjusting your withholding to pay the least amount of Tax to IRS. My question is that how would I know that my withholding are correct with my employer/ Any advise Thanks Nitin

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search