Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E. Joyner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 07:50 AM
    Dodge Spirit 1994-jerking
    I have a 94 dodge spirit with 53,000 miles. Had a tune up done this year and just had a timing belt put on last week. When driving after 10 minutes it jerks. Around 45m/h I have to put more pressure on the gas for it to go back to speed. When driving on highways it goes the speed limit but will jerk. I've taken it to pep boys and was told the engine is fine and it could be a transmission problem. I've had a couple of friends drive it and was told that it probably needs transmission fluid change with a new filter. It could also have a gear problem.
    Any advice will be helpful.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 10:02 PM
    Yeah, and I'd also check the fluid level, when the level gets low, they tend to want to go into gear hard, or are jerky, old dirty fluid, and a clogged trans fluid filter can also cause it to be jerky. Trans fluid change/filter is a cheap thing to try.
    E. Joyner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 06:31 AM
    Dodge Spirit-jerking
    Thank you for your respond to what could be the problem. I've found the reason for the jerking. I had not too long ago replaced the grear piece and I was driving in the wrong gear.
    Thank you for your respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Spirit runs hot [ 11 Answers ]

My dodge spirit I bought earlier this year had no problems till a couple months ago.It runs hot very fast when I turn the air on,almost to the h.it goes halfway if not running air,I've changed the theromastat twice,radiator cap,and sensors,and relay,just recently flushed the radiator three weeks...

Dodge spirit runs hot... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 93 Dodge Spirit, mint condition, 90,000miles. It runs hot. It has a new head gasket, new radiator, etc. What can I do to get it to run cooler? Thanks!

View more questions Search