Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merandogr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Changed Thermostat will not automatically turn Furnace on
    We changed our old honeywell thermostat (with mercury) to an updated honeywell thermostat (with no mercury) CT87K. After we changed the thermostat the furnace will not automatically kick on and it actually shut off so we had to hit the reset button.
    The furnace at times now will turn of if we put the desired temperature to 70 even though the temperature in the home is 66.
    What did we do wrong here? Thank you.:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Did you pick the correct fuel as it states on page 4
    Did you set the cycle switch as it states to do on page 4
    Did you transfer the wiring to the exact place for place that it says to do.
    IE w to white etc.

Read the below manual to see how all the above is supposed to be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

Furnace fan/blower does not turn on automatically [ 6 Answers ]

I have a furnace, which worked well until today. The furnace fan/blower can be turn on manually (switching to ON position from the thermostat--Maple Chase 9600). However, when the fan switch is switched to AUTO position, and the room temperature is below the setting temperature, the furnace is...

Changed thermostat ac/heat fan will not turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10-12 year Electric Goodman ac/heat unit. Just recently The fan runs constantly. Even in off position. I have replaced the thermostat. I have swithched the thermostat from auto to on several times. I have switched the power source box to off and on several times. Is there something else I...

How can I make Furnace fan automatically turn off when heater turns off? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Thermo Pride OH5-85. There are two manual switches installed next to the unit. One turns on the heater one the fan. I'm unable to find out how to have the heater and fan respond to my thermostat. :confused: Currently if the manual fan switch is on and the manual heater switch is on...

View more questions Search