Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 09:49 PM
    Tow dimension
    ?

A projectile is fired from the ground with an initial velocity of 82 m/s at an angle of 55 above the horizontial .
    1- What are the initial x and y componets of the velocity ?
    2- What is the x component of the projectile 1.2 s after being fired , relative the firing point?
    3- What is the y component of the projectile 1.2 s after being fired , relative the firing point ?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

May 11, 2011, 04:54 AM
    Let's start with part 1 (the other two are pretty straightforward after that):

You have the angle, and you have the total velocity. Do you know how to find the x- and y-components of the velocity if you have those two things? What mathematical property of an angle gives you it's x-component? And y?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tow vehicle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 31' airstream trailer. GVW is 4600lbs. Will my 1999 jeep grand cherokee be able to adequately tow this trailer. The jeep has a V-8 engine which produces about 235 horsepower. Thanks for any input. Jim

Tow sides of many stories [ 2 Answers ]

All right I have an ordeal here My boyfriend ex girlfirend has been telling my friends things like he raped her and that he used to stalk her and he cheated on her and and he was just an overall to her and stuff like that now I didn't believe my friends and so I got her number and me and her...

Tow truck damaged my car [ 10 Answers ]

I signd a receipt not realizing the disclaimer was on the bottom. It was to small and I was distracted. Not to mentioned that I was told that if there were any damages to my vehicle just to bring it back.could I still fight this in small claims court?

Tow Truck [ 8 Answers ]

Well I went to 24/7 grocery store. We have been getting a fair amount of snow, and blowing snow. There were two vehicles cleaning the parking lot. Well I was only going to be 5 minutes or so. The front of the store was plowed so I parked there in order to not get in there way cleaning up the...

Tow vehicles [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a 2006 Airstream Land Yacht. I have a '05 PT Cruiser automatic transmission car. How can I safely tow this vehicle?

View more questions Search