Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mentis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2006, 08:40 AM
    How to improve duct temperature sensor
    Recently I encounter a very high failure rate in our aircraft's aircon duct sensor. It may be due to high humility and the aircon package's water separator was unable to extract the water.
    Modification of aircon pack is not a option. So that leaves the improvement of the temperature sensor.
    Does anyone here have experience this before? What can be done on the sensor to prevent water seepage into the sensor tip?
    I thought of laminating the sensor tip, as this is only area that water can seep through and shorting the whole sensor. But I don't know where to start. Can anyone offer some advice?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Not sure if this method is done, but would a thermal conducting compound applied to the sensor help? I think that if a protective coating is applied to the sensor to protect it from moisture, and at the same time insure the sensor can detect the temperature accurately may be worth considering.

Here is one manufacturer of such products:
    http://www.chomerics.com/

I found several others by searching for "thermal conducting compound"

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve presence of mind [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I want to improve my presence of mind or quickwittedness.Most of the times I don't find the reply instantly of any general talk and I have to stood silent and after sometime I realize that could be one of the answers.Is my mind blunt?

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

Can someone help me improve on basketball? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in 8th grade and only 5'2 but I really want to get better so I can make my high school team and I practice a lot but it doesn't seem to work So can someone help me out?

Coolant Temperature Sensor [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the coolant temperature sensor on a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, 6 cyl, 2WD. Can anyone tell me where on the engine to look to find this component? Randy

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

View more questions Search