Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cookrob55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Connection without converter
    Hi,
    I have 2 tv's and 2 vcr's. As of now due to financial problems my dishnetwork has been
    Disable from all basic channels. I have no converter box,because of the dishnet connection. Is there a way I can use my vcr to TV connection to veiw the basic channels?
    I would like to know how to connect the tv's and vcr's to veiw and record shows. I have in
    Home chilcare,and now I can not even get channel Barney and other shows the kids like on channel thirteen. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
    cookrob55

HI,
    KingX

I am sorry I am not in tuned about electronics,but the answer to your questions is no I do
    Not get basic channels. I do still have the satellite box on both tvs. The channels that are for veiwing are shopping, dishnetwork preview channels,serveral ppv sports channels,
    Nature&science channels. These hannels come in clear. When I say basic I mean channels in TX like CBS,NBC,ABC,Fox,UPN,andCW. Thanks for your answer to my questions.

Thanks
    cookrob55

Hi,
    Thanks for the response to the first question. But Is there a way I can us my vcrs to
    Watch and record shows without the converter box or satellitebox?

Thanks,
    cookrob55
    KingsX Posts: 231, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2009, 01:21 PM

I have some questions. You say that dishnetwork has been disabled from all basic channels? Does that mean you still get basic channels? Do you still have the satellite box? If you don't have a sat box, or you do but you don't have any channels (basic or otherwise), your options depending on your area are limited to regular old rabbit ears (farmer vision where I come from) or watching VHS tapes from your VCR. But... I'm not sure if I understand your question first off.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 01:25 PM

The basic channels of what?

The TV and VCR can have all sorts of tuners in them: NTSC, ATSC, QAM HDTV cable tuner or NTSC cable tuner. Your VCR probably only has Cable and NTSC.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 08:21 PM

< I merged everybody together rather than having a new thread. I don't know exactly what happened>

Cookrob: When you want to add onto this topic, just "Answer this question". I know, wrong wording and someone else's software"
    AMHD just customizes it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rar to mp3 converter [ 2 Answers ]

How to convert from rar files to mp3

DTV converter box [ 5 Answers ]

I have a TV on my back porch that works with rabbit ears. I have sat inside house. I received coupons for converter box but store tells me I will need an outside antena. Says will not work with rabbit ears. True or false?

Converter for wmp [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for the answer changing format, from wma-mp3 I have 11 version for wmp but where is the tools to change the formats I put cd in drive to burn but there were no tools to change formats Any-other help please. AWT THANKS

Dtv converter [ 3 Answers ]

I have a TV in my suburban . Will a dtv converter need external power . If so what ?

Mp3 to wav & Wav to mp3 converter [ 2 Answers ]

Can any body tells me where I can find the free full version of Mp3 to wav and wav to mp3 converter. Thanks..

View more questions Search