Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PacMaleee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 09:35 AM
    IBS caused by Intestinal Infection? And blood work results?
    Hello. 21 year old girl.

In the beginning of April(2012) my husband took me to the hospital because I was having really bad stomach pain and diarrhea. They did a cat scan with contrast and blood work and admitted me saying I had an intestinal infection and bacteria and inflammation. They put me on cipro for 10 days and a gentle diet. Well, I finished the meds and everything and the pain was still there so I went to see my gastro. He told me that it could take up to 6 weeks for the infection to clear and to basically just ride it out. He scheduled me to come back in 6 weeks.

A month later I was sitting in his office and the pain hadn't gotten any better. The pain is literally every single second of the day. From the second I wake up to the second I go back to bed. I am only able to eat some things like bread, celery, carrots and crackers. And even those cause pain.

My doctor said that it is possible that the infection has now caused me to have IBS and he isn't sure how long it can last.

I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy next week to check for Crohn's or anything else.

Now, my question is: is it possible that the IBS will ever go away? I don't want to live with this pain forever...

ALSO! He had me go to my regular doctor for blood work. I got the results and didn't get a chance to go over the results or anything because I can't leave the house..

But my blood work said that there was "Few Bacteria" in my blood and Yeast as well. What does this mean? ):

Sorry that this is all over the place!

Check out some similar questions!

What caused me to faint after having intestinal pain and nausea? [ 2 Answers ]

I began having irregular bowel movements for a few days and then constipation. The next day after dinner I started having intestinal pain and nausea. I got up to leave and then I blacked out. When my family got me off the floor I went to the restroom and experienced diarrhea, vomiting and profuse...

Results of my blood Complete Blood Count [ 0 Answers ]

I am a 33 year old female. My RBC is 5.32, MCV is 74, MCH 23.5, MCHC is 31.6, RDW is 16.5, Eos (Absolute) is 0.5. What does this mean?

Blood work results [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what a higher than normal MCH and RDW mean in plain english? I've looked it up online and still found it hard to understand. Thanks

Contact Lens caused infection [ 7 Answers ]

Can I sue the contact lens company, cause my son got a bad eye infection from his new contact, when the infection heal. He will still have a little vision loss, leaving his vision blurred he is in High school play football, he cannot wear contact no more.

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.