Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael Chin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Adding others to a home title in Arizona
    In Arizona, how does one add others to the title on a home?
    (ie. A father adding children to his home title)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2009, 07:19 AM

At the top of this forum is a sticky note which gives instructions.

You have to understand though, that adding anyone but a spouse to the title of a property is, in effect selling or giving part ownership in that property to that person. There are tax consequences of such an action.
    Michael Chin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 07:26 AM
    What document is used to add others to a home title ?
    What document is used to add others to a home title?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 07:30 AM
    A deed. There is a sticky post at the top of the Real Estate Law forum that explains how to add someone to a deed. You can read it at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...eed-91136.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 07:33 AM

An entire new deed has to be prepared and filed to add someone.
    Also if there is a mortgage on the property, you will need to notify them and be sure there is not an issue doing it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2009, 07:35 AM

I merged your two threads. Please don't start multiple threads for the same issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding someone to home title [ 2 Answers ]

My Mom wants to add me to her home title. She still has a mortgage on the house. Can she add me and if she does will it change anything? Does it cost to do this?

Adding a name to the title of a home as 50% owner [ 2 Answers ]

This is a rather convuluted situation, but my brother bought half of a home from a friend of his, but she didn't put him on the title. They did sign a contract between them and he paid her for half of the value of the home, but now she wants to sell it and he doesn't to. He has offered to buy her...

Getting a license for a in home care service company in Arizona [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and I are starting a company that will provide in home care for the elderly or home bound. It will not be medical assistance but rather sitting, and small chores, looking in on, so that the person may remain in their home without having to live in a nursing home. We have checked with...

Adding my name to the title of our home [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased our home back in March 2006. At the point we were able to get a better rate by having my husband on the loan only , but both of our names were put on the title. Now we are in the process of refinancing to a lower rate and decided, again, to have only my husband's name...

Adding addendums to Bylaws of HOA in ARizona [ 1 Answers ]

How can we edit the Bylaws of an Arizona Condo Association? The BOD is a corporation, and the Bylaws are 37 years old. Can we just make addendums ?

View more questions Search