Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shinobuu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 04:34 PM
    80's or Early 90's Movie? - No clue what the movie might be
    When I was younger, I recall seeing a fantastic movie which I would love to see again. I know it's not Legend. It's a movie that's kind of similar to the Labryinth or the Neverending Story. It's not a cartoon but portrayed by actual actors. I'll try to explain what I recall from the movie.

Set in the british/french era, the movie opens with a stage play acting out a story, possibly the story of the actual movie. The main character is a young blonde girl, around 11-14 years old. She seems to be with her grandfather. They go on an adventure for some reason. They encounter some allies: one who can run very fast but has terrible hearing, one who has superb hearing (I think), and another who may be a sharpshooter.

At one point in the movie, some or all get caught in a birdcage and they're facing these odd giants. These giants are married people. One major thing set them from humans besides being a giant is that their heads can separate from their body. They have some sort of a disc-like saucer underneath their head that can connect to the disc of their body's neck.

At another point in the movie, the grandfather seems to be seduced by a woman. I think the two dance in the air but the young girl barges in and tries to take her grandfather back.

Close to the end of the movie, the grandfather is being chased by a man who is actually a skeleton ( a devil?). I think the grandfather got shot. As he is lying on the ground, the bad guy sucks the soul/breath from the grandfather's mouth.

That's all I seem to recall. I hope that was detailed enough for someone to know what the title of the movie is called.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 04:41 PM
    The Adventures of Baron Von Munchousen.

Feb 16, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Yep, that's the one! Thank you very much!

Feb 16, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Yep, that's the one! Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's... maybe EARLY 90's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, I'm looking for a movie that I remember back when I was little. I want to say it's an 80's movie. It was around the time The Last Unicorn came out. I think I remember seeing a preview for Kiko's Mail Service on the tape. Anyway its about a little girl who like goes to a place in the clouds. I...

Late 80's movie or early 90's movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this movie where there is this girl who has long red hair and she lives with her mom and grandpa and she want to trade places with the rich popular girl. And they do switch.. I can't remember the name of the movie can anyone help me??

Late 80's movie or early 90's teen romance movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember that there is an unpopular girl that goes to a medium's place and the medium woman turns a toad into a man. The girl and the guy have a love story.. I remember scenes where they are running in the fields, and climbing stairs into a windmill or something and then I think the guy later...

Early 80's/90's movie. [ 2 Answers ]

\ Ok. So when I was younger. I remember bits and pieces of this cartoon movie that took place in a library I believe? All I remember was a boy (with I think glasses and maybe blonde hair) and lots of books. Searching for something of some sort. And He had a talking red/burgandy book which...

View more questions Search